• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

interstate batteries U6TL lame warranty

beaubeau

Auto zone!!

:grd: I gotta agree with Sarge. I have bought batts at AZ for years, for my 97 Dodge Cummins and just got 2 for the last Deuce I got. I have had bats in the Dodge for about 4 yeras, set all winter and they still all go well. I just had to add Blocks and made Tie downs for the Deuce. Cranks right up in 15 degree weather!!Not too expensive either! I got to remember to as for Vets. discount next time I'm in. :popcorn: Time for Pop Corn and BED!! good Luck, Phil

garp

RE: Auto zone!!

I may be considered biased being a Cat dealer field mechanic,but. I know of some machines over 15 yrs old with their original batterys still goin strong. A fella at work has one in his car thats over 10 yrs old. The ones in my M37 are 8 yrs old.Very seldom do we have one brought in for warranty, even then we offer a 7 yr free replacment for automotive 3yr for on-highway and 2 yr for machines. And the prices are right in line with any one elses, alot of times less. Stop by any dealer and ask for a brochure and compare notes with Interstate or NAPA. So in my opinion, try your local Cat dealer for a good battery.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: 24V battery maintenance charger

Sarge said:
This is your quest!
What I am seeking is several 24V vehicle mounted battery maintenance chargers.
I would like to find something that will mount inside of the vehicle battery box (or close by) that trickles a maintenance charge into my 24V battery setup. I would like to park the vehicle and run an extension cord to it, plug it in and forget about it. I would like the maintenance charger to be smart enough to turn itself off when the batteries are fully charged. Oh, one more thing, I want it cheap ......
-Sarge
Chargetek 500 is what you need, it addresses each battery individually and keeps both within millivolts of each other, which is what's required when batteries are operated in series.
I had one installed for years in the deuce until a lightning strike took it out. I will get a new one, those batteries lasted over seven years and are due to be replaced now.

Somemedic

When shopping around for batts for the deuce and CUCV I noticed the Wallyworld batts were smaller in CCAs by 200 or 300... the A-zone batts had more CCAs, and thats whats in them... The yellow topped batts were a bit more but they include free jumpstarting service

Cant wait for that kid to show up in the little Azone pick up and his jump pack to jump The Queen :popcorn:

aboonski

I have the Interstate 6TLs in my deuce and have had excellent service from them (so far) but it may be due to the fact that I have used a solargizer since I first hooked up the batteries. We have a Royal Battery dealer nearby that offers a much better warranty than Interstate. The price is slightly higher on their brand but I have heard good feedback about their 6TLs so that's where I will go next when I need batteries.

mbwarner

I recently switched from Walmart one year warranty to the two year warranty ones. But that said, this past fall I bought a USAF deuce out of Ft. Lewis that had Optima red top gel batteries, and according to the tags both went into service in 1997. That truck cranked fast and started right up after several months dead time in the GL yard, and last week cranked with no sign of slowing until the engine started at 15 degrees temp, after sitting since the Veterans' day parade. I'd wager that the starter cranked for over a minute total time (in ten second bursts) before the engine ran on its own, with no sign of slowing down.

When I buy batteries again, I'll seriously consider laying down the money for Optimas. These two are nearly 12 years in service, and still going strong. I think they're about $150 a pop, but could work out to be a bargain in the long run.

I gotta get that flame heater working, but that's a different story.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to sun a solargizer or battery maintainer with interstate 6tl's unless you drive then ALOT. Otherwise they will die from non-use (sulfation), they are very succeptable to this. I know of several around 8 years old and still going strong when properly maintained.:wink: