• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intro and pics....

Stouttrout

Hi there. I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself and show you my rides. I am picking up a Deuce today. This is first I have ever owned. It has 46" super singles on it already and has comes with a trailer. It's a bob project but not sure If I will go that route. It has about 21,000 miles on it. I also have a 1985 M1008 with 6" lift and 35's. I bought it this way and added a flat bed to it. My other project is a CJ-10 Airplane tug. I plan to stretch the wheelbase on it and make it 4x4. It will be a daily driver.

Here is a pic of the deuce. I will get more pics after I pick it up:

Here is a pic of the M1008

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c387/Stouttrout/102_0333.jpg

This is a pic of the CJ-10 when I bought it:

And one of it after taking the bed and weight off the rear:

Last edited:

Stouttrout

Pretty cool. Like to hear more about the plans for the CJ-10 tug. And of course - Welcome.

Not anything drastic. Gonna chop the back half of the frame off. Build a new frame section and four link the rear with coil springs. I have a set of wagoneer Dana 44s for it to convert it to 4x4. Gonna use the crawl box from a NP231 transfercase and double it up to a flipped Dana 300 with twin sticks. Then going to build a custom flatbed/rollcage for it. This is a Rough photochop of my idea. It will sit alot lower though.

roscoe

Not anything drastic. Gonna chop the back half of the frame off. Build a new frame section and four link the rear with coil springs. I have a set of wagoneer Dana 44s for it to convert it to 4x4. Gonna use the crawl box from a NP231 transfercase and double it up to a flipped Dana 300 with twin sticks. Then going to build a custom flatbed/rollcage for it. This is a Rough photochop of my idea. It will sit alot lower though.

I like that.:)

roscoe

Okay, maybe the lights do not work, but is there a correct procedure to turning on the lights?
On the deuce? You have to lift the lock and move the top lever to the right for the headlights and turn signals simultaniously. For the guage lights its the left lever. Blackout lights are the BO option on the dial.

Stouttrout

Ah ha!!! Yep i bet the switch is out. I don;t get any turn signals or anything. I also like the water valves on his air tanks. This one has an air fitting on one so you can't drain it and the twist type valve on the other. The Drive home was only 45 miles but you learn alot in that amount of time.

Loving the truck and this site. I been reading stuff all night.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site! I love your tug project and the Deuce looks great!

There are a full range of Deuce technical manuals here on the site, available for download free of charge. You can save them to your PC and then print out the relevant pages when you are working on the truck or just browse them in the PDF reader.

The Operator's manual describes all the functions on the deuce, like operation of the 3 lever power switch.

There is also a great deuce wiring schematic here on SS done in CAD.

Stouttrout

I hope so. It will be a little smaller than the other Jeeps I have but I will probably use it more. My play Jeep is a 2004 Unlimited with M1008 CUCV axles and it is getting a Hemi engine right now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks