• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Introducing FMTV Truck Sales and Acela Truck Co.-"New" FMTV's and parts have arrived!

Introducing FMTV Truck Sales and Acela Truck Co.-"New" FMTV's and parts have arrived!

Hello fellow Steel Soldiers FMTV members-

Please allow me to introduce FMTV Truck Sales. We are a Bozeman, Montana based company that is 100% dedicated to reconditioning and refurbishing FMTV’s and providing new and used parts sales. We have partnered with all of the original manufacturer tier one component suppliers to Stewart & Stevenson and BAE and now offer a complete line of new parts for axles, body parts, CTIS, cab air bags, hydraulic system, high speed gearing, axles (lockers), electrical, suspension, seating, custom parts and more!

We offer three main products:

1. Mechanically reconditioned FMTV’s. These A0 and A1 FMTV’s have gone through an exhaustive bumper to bumper inspection process by seasoned FMTV mechanics, have had ALL know mechanical issues resolved, 50+ parts replaced, all fluids/filters changed and are delivered with 75%+ tread on tires and 75%+ brake lining.

2. Acela Monterras. FMTV Truck Sales is a sister company to
Acela Truck Company, manufacturer of our flagship product, the Acela Monterra, an A1 FMTV that has undergone a complete frame-up restoration with over 650+ new parts, full commercial cab interior with digital instrumentation, air conditioning, etc. These trucks are primarily used by our oil & gas, utility, pipeline and mining customers and come with a standard 1-year limited bumper to bumper warranty. They make awesome expedition vehicles as well!

3. Parts! Over the next few weeks we will be adding dozens more hard to find FMTV parts to our online
Parts Store. In addition to offering almost every stock part, we have a lengthy and growing list of upgrade parts such as high-speed gears (Caiman take-outs and factory new), snow plow mounts, NEW complete air conditioning kits, axle lockers (yes, air lockers coming soon!), cab insulation kits, rebuilt hydraulic pumps, civilian headlight conversion switches, keyed ignition switches, door handles, CTIS parts and CTIS ECU programming, LED lighting, new alternators, air ride seating, new interior components, etc.

FMTV Truck Sales’ mechanics, technicians, production staff and salesmen are experts in everything FMTV. This is the only truck platform we work on day in and day out. And we’ve been working on the FMTV platform for commercial clients since 2007 when we sold (and have since supported) hundreds of SD Brazos’ (commercial version of the FMTV) in Canada.

After being inundated by enthusiasts that wanted a reliable, more affordable version of our Acela Monterra, we decided to launch the mechanically reconditioned FMTV program as a low-cost, reliable consumer product. FMTV Truck Sales is here to deliver reliable FMTV’s for clients that want to get in their truck and have fun driving it, adding their expedition vehicle body, etc. WITHOUT all the headaches that we all share and read about every day on SS.

We look forward to serving, supporting and helping to grow the FMTV community and SteelSoldiers – an amazing resource!. PLEASE help support our efforts by liking our Facebook page and checking out our website: FMTVtrucks.com where we have a great FAQ page, and of course feel free to email us at sales@FMTVtrucks.com. We’re here for YOU! PLEASE share your suggestions for parts, upgrades, options, new products, etc.

Thank you and Happy FMTV-ing!

The Acela Truck Company & FMTV Truck Sales team!!

fmtv98239.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, so stked you guys are here :) we liked you on F-Book and checked out your website. We look forward to chatting with you and getting some stuff done to Brutus our M1079.

Seth
Adventure Driven

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lofty claims, but I'm interested. Did you tint the windshields that dark just for the pictures? haha

firefinder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spoke with the staff last week and they were very helpful!

Glad this resource is available and look forward to working with you in the future.

utahpow

I think you're making many of us, of the least myself, drool over some really nice work that you're doing on this truck platform. I wish you all the success to be had and so glad that you're here!

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just try the best you can with part price with the understanding that most of us have wife's or girl friends who think are trucks are mistress and not worth spending money on. Honey I need to spend 400 bucks on door handles won't fly in my house at least.

Thanks Coffey1 - we are working diligently on reducing costs on some of the more expensive and common failure parts (like door handles). We will also be offering a less expensive door handle rebuild kit that includes the rods and plastic clips (actually a more common problem than the handles themselves). Our Acela Monterras come standard with the upgraded A1R handles that we retrofit onto A1 doors. We have considered offering a complete upgrade kit (handles, rods, clips, keys!, gasket, cutting templates, etc.) with all new upgraded parts (much less expensive than replacement old style handles), BUT it requires cutting the outer door skin and not sure how many would be keen on doing it - pix attached. Maybe run it by the wife for me! Feedback welcome!...always happy to dole out free marital advice!

20171113_083301.jpg20170412_121708.jpg

Last edited:

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it requires cutting the outer door skin and not sure how many would be keen on doing it
You could potentially develop a self-aligning punch that would do the job easily. I'm thinking something like these knock-out punches made by Swag Offroad, that fit on a Harbor Freight hydraulic tool: http://www.swagoffroad.com/SWAG-Knock-Out-Punch-Set-7-Piece-Set-Tube-Sizes_p_124.html

Then, you would just rent or require a core charge for the tool to be loaned out to customers. I think demand is small enough for these that it would be feasible. The user would just take the punch tool, place it in the hole (only fits the right way), pump the ram, and it would cut the proper notches. Then they would send it back to you to get their deposit back. Make a nice case for it and include a return postage label to make it easy for people to return it to you.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks