• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Introduction and Pictures of My M1009

Mgood

I just wanted to introduce my self and post some pictures of my CUCV. This is my 1986 M1009 overall it is in good shape and has a lot of potential. I have installed a new radiator and I am working on getting the interior fixed up. The body is in great shape with no rust. The truck only has 37,000 miles on it. The injector pump leaks some fuel and will need to be replaced at some point. There are other minor issues but for the most part I am really happy with the truck. I plan to keep everything stock and primarily drive it on the street. This is a grate site and is full of excellent information.

I have an extra replacement dash for sale if anyone is looking for one. It is a brand new GM part, but it has a small split in the corner. I will post it for sale in the classified section.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc132/Mgood08/DSCN0743.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc132/Mgood08/DSCN0740.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc132/Mgood08/DSCN0747.jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome! Great looking CUCV. :beer:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Very nice looking 1009. Any intent to Line-x the inside?

Let me know if you want IR and/or white lights for the front grille or the interior blackout and white light from armored vehicles. Pictures of my 1009 are in the photo gallery.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a clean truck, even the battery tray has no corrosion. Welcome!

Mgood

Thanks guys. The truck has what I assume is the original paint from when it left the military; all I have done is wash it. I got a great deal on the truck because it needed a new radiator and has a small leak coming from the injector pump.

When I got it I removed the batteries and cleaned them up along with the battery trays. I took a pressure washer to the engine to get it cleaned up. I covered the air intake and the alternators before I started cleaning. I got everything clean, but I think that I shorted out one of the fusible links when I did this. Everything works except the instrument cluster lights. It is odd because the turn signal lights still work, the GEN 1 and GEN 2 lights, exct, all still work. The only lights that don’t work are the ones that light the gages when the head lights are turned on. I don’t drive it at night much, but with no interior lights it makes it kind of hard to see how fast you are going. I removed the instrument cluster and replace all of the bulbs but that did not fix the problem. Everything worked before I washed the engine. I also broke one of the plastic tabs on the cluster housing when I removed it, I was pissed at myself for breaking it. I am not good with electrical, but I would appreciate any advices as to where to start looking for the problem would be appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks