• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

invisible muffler, sort of

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw those before, but was unsure of the reduction. Give it a try and let us know.

rizzo

Re: RE: invisible muffler, sort of

m-35tom said:
i suspect they would add to much back pressure. the goal is to have none
Summit website said:
Because the open area of the cones is greater than the area of the collector or exhaust pipe, there's no significant backpressure, so you reduce noise with little or no power loss.

Tibby

RE: Re: RE: invisible muffler, sort of

I figured that if the product was intended for a high RPM gas racing engine, it might be usable for a non racing 2600 RPM multifuel. If the open area of the cone is greater than the pipe diameter as claimed, the exhaust flow should have minimal disruption. I would think no worse than adding a regular type muffler. Naturally, they make no specific statement on the sound reduction because that would be based on a number of variable factors. It would be an interesting experiment - if I had a Deuce.