• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Iowa Soldiers?

CROM

Any Iowa (Des Moines area) members out there that can recommend a good diagnostics/repair shop? Preferably someone with CUCV experience? I plan on doing an overhaul of my M1009 and putting some money into making it a more reliable vehicle and would like some 'expert opinions'.

I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, but I'm no mechanic. If any of you have any suggestions on a CUCV superman, I'd really appreciate it!

Bobert

There are at least a couple of us in the des Moines area.

Are you having any problems or anything specific you want done?

One of the members in ankeny , Milkman357 has a guy that has done some drivetrain work for him but not sure about electrical.

My next projects are a rear main seal and convert to 12v because I have electrical issues. We might be able to lend a hand or advice but I haven't found a good shop at a good price.

I did talk to a guy at Bascom diesel at nw 66th and hwy 69. They can do injection pumps. Not cheap though.

sierrajcharlie

Have you checked at DMACC? One of my son's is going to Hawkeye for the diesel mechanics course (another year then can you say turbo?:p) and they can do work on peoples vehicles. I'm wondering if DMACC does the same, I know they have a good program there. It's your call though if you want students working on it but the instructor does oversee them in Waterloo. My 2cents Oh yeah DR, my daughter is going to ISU also, if you're driving something green she'll spot you.