• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ip dilemma

baddy3

After cleaning the check valve in the return line for the fifth time in a month I started to research into IP weight retaining flex ring replacement as apparently the ring degrades and its debris clogs the check valve. When it’s finally gone there is nothing to dampen the contact between metal parts and it’s just the matter of time when the pump will fail. This has been discussed so many times all over the forum so it’s nothing new. I checked the TMs and the several online sources on DB2 pumps so the disassembling and installation is quite clear and I believe I can do it as long as it involves changing seals and the flex ring. I’ve found a few seal kits on eBay but that’s where my dilemma begins:confused:. The kit that is described as a set for all DB2 pumps does not contain the flex ring : Roosa Master Stanadyne Diesel Injection Pump seal kit: eBay Motors (item 390215862336 end time Aug-03-10 12:26:41 PDT)

I do not know it the other kit with the flex ring will suit my DB2 pump : Stanadyne Roosa Diesel Injection Pump Kit 24371*: eBay Motors (item 150471246145 end time Jul-30-10 12:37:26 PDT)
Does anybody know correct Stanadyne part numbers for CUCV IP seal kit or flex ring, or at lease if any of these kits is right one? I don’t plan to fully rebuild the IP, just replace the flex ring and all the seals along the way.

sparky1

getting to that flex ring is labor intensive.first you need to build a fixture to hold the the pump kike the same way its bolted in the engine.maybe some special tools for dismantling.then all the adjustments on re-assembly.by the add on e-bay(the second one)these guys seem to know there stuff although i have never dealt with them.