• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP fuel shutoff rod

Larch

I had a sticky fuel shut off rod so I removed it and cleaned it (yes I used the sticky, Thanks). The question I have is when replacing the shut off rod- Can the shut off rod be in the wrong position if the rod sits flush with the housing? while trying to replace the rod I felt like it was in the wrong position and would not sit flush. I then got it to sit flush but how do I know its in the right position(the tip into groove of the plunger sleeve). Thanks!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Faith. You did not remove the head so I would believe the collar is not stuck and sitting where it should. If you looked into the hole where the control shaft goes there is not much room on the top or the bottom of the collar for the pin to go anywhere else. Many have said the same thing how do I know. Pin should be facing forward and by moving the control around the 4 to 5 o'clock position because the collar is in the shut down position it just goes in. My bet you got it so till you start it don't let it keep you up at night.

Last edited:

Larch

Thanks for the reply. I'll have a board ready for the air intake when I start it. Thanks again!

Larch

Started the truck the other day and all was fine. I haven't started it in a number of years. The shut off rod was so gummed up, it was hard to move it with a screw driver. I removed it and cleaned it up to move freely and reassembled. Put batteries in and it started up fairly quickly and ran pretty good. Thanks for this forum and all the info on here.