• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP Head Change

lenz1079

ok, so the stupid little check valve problem is going to make me change the IP head;. my question is do i need to have the whole pump sent to a pump shop to change the head or can i just have the mechanic (8 yr duece exp) change the head making sure things are timed/ aligned right

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changing the hydraulic head is a pretty simple "by the book procedure".
The R&R procedure of the hydraulic head for the ld, ldt and lds are the same.

This was posted by Bjorn on Oct 11,2007

For your LDS465 engine, basically:

1) Remove the steel lines to the injectors
2) Remove the cover for the fuel cut-off mechanism
3) Remove the fuel cut-off lever (be careful with the "tooth" at the end which is loose)
4) Turn engine over manually until a scored gear tooth (may be marked in red) is lined up with a pointer visible when the fuel cut-off lever is out of the way.
5) Remove all fuel line connections and 4 ea nuts clamping the hydraulic head.
6) Pull hydraulic head straight up, you may have to tap it lightly. Reverse procedure for installation.

I just finished working on mine and it's pretty fresh in my mind.

TM 9-2910-226-34

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
yep pretty simple, just be sure the pointer aligns with the marked tooth (under the shutoff cover) before you try to lift the ip head up. this is the only position it will come out in.