• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP Head O-Ring Specs

bottleworks

It looks like I am going to need to do the IP Head o-rings... I can't find any specs on the o-rings. It looks like everyone has pulled the head, and went to the local store to match them up. :confused: Has anyone measured the o-rings? OD, ID, thickness? I would like to get some replacement rings on hand that are made of viton. I need to keep downtime to a minimum.

bottleworks,

would you mind making a few pictures and a small descripition on how you changed these o-rings?
(sorry if that has been covered that way before, but I haven't found in the the search)

Thanks,
Mark

bottleworks

Here you go (since I happen to have an IP within reach)....

Excellent. Thanks Bjorn.

The Viton reference is just from me. I don't know if that's an OEM spec or not. I burn biodiesel whenever possible, so I don't want to replace the rings with anything not compatible with BD.

Hammer

Hmm, maybe I need to get a few SETS of these so I have them on hand if/when the time comes to replace them.
Cause it's only a matter of time with these trucks.

avengeusa

I have a good friend who makes me special o-rings, if I know a size and material i cam get you some, i will have a big batch ran and sell them at cost if anyone need them

Hammer

If all the different IPs use the same O-rings like shown already, then I would definitely want a few sets to keep on hand. Four trucks right now means I have decent odds of ONE having problems soon.

bottleworks

Last edited:

avengeusa

that does look like a good deal, i am up by grainger all the time, it is easier to grab them if in stock instead of making them

they look like a standard ring.....

i am thinking a bulk purchase...

bottleworks

I'm a bit irritated with Napa. I called them with the specs of the o-rings I wanted...Claimed that they couldn't get them--At all. I thought they could get those hard to find parts. That's the trade off of their outrageous markup.

:soapbox:

bottleworks

The o-rings I listed above are too thick. The correct o-rings are a -230 and -227. I have several sets now if anyone is interested.

If you take a look at the picture with this post, there is an additional o-ring with the part circled in blue. Is there a seal for the shaft that's connected to the rod? Or is that a metal to metal seal? Has anyone had a leak from there?

Attachments

bottleworks

No, I am talking about the shaft that is horizontal. I circled that in blue. It looks like the separation between fuel lubed and oil lubed is at the red line. What of the area circled in green? It looks to be fuel lubed. Any seals in that region to fail and leak into the oil?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks