• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP Leak

M37-1952

I got the deuce a week ago and here in mid-Michigan we got 11 inches of snow Friday.I put 1500 lbs. of cement bocks in the back and went to work.On the way to work, a semi was stuck across traffic on ice and the 4x4 were breaking tow straps trying to pull him.I backed up to it and using a 20,000 rated strap put everything in low and pulled him out. Got to work and work was cancelled. Wife called from work (hosp-MT) and asked if I'd break a path home. We live on a dirt road in a poorly plowed area. I broke a path in (2foot plus drifts) and got her home. Took my daughter to my Mom's half mile away to fix supper and picked my son up at a party at midnight. All the kids loved the deuce. Even got to use the winch to pull myself on to the driveway after i slipped off. Used my tractor as a dead head. Everything ran fine except I noticed a fuel leak. There was a bolt missing on the cover that holds the cutoff rack. Looks like it needs a new gasket. Tightened that up but it still was leaking. Tightened the four nuts on top a little and that helped. What seals do I need and can I remove the IPhead while on the engine. 1971 multifuel turbo

Mark

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If its leaking and tightening the 4 bolts on the corners helped, it should be an O-ring. Sorry, I don't know what size. It is not a simple task, but yes you can remove it. I'd take off the injector lines, and you'll have to remove the fuel shutoff arm from the side of it. Be carefull with taking the side parts-apart. If I remember correct, there is a small piece that can fall off the arm. Slow and stead will do just fine. If you pay attention(and maybe take some pics- I forget alot of what I take apart) it should be a simple process.

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saturn Surplus might have gaskets for the pump. Memphis T&E might also. If they don't, they might know where to get them. IP haed will come off in chassis. There are some TM's here in the resources section. One will have the info needed to do the repair.