• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP Parts

m816Buch

@@RY^%^&&^%$$$#.....POOP...drove truck yesterday, no leaks......drove it today and my original leak is back....WTF...leaks right at the joint seam where the pump meets the housing.
Hairline crank in head????? Leaks more fuel when engine is reved up.
been patient with the old girl but now do I hit her with a big hammer!!!!
Runs great buts drips fuel.
Pull head and increase size of O-rings....no fuel in oil so bottom seems to be sealed

Am I missing something????

m816Buch

Hello m186buch...get your thoughts together and describe EXACTLY what is happening? Where do you think the leak is?
It is leaking right under the edge of the head where it bolts down to the housing..
3 o-ring sets have been put on this thing now..
dropped my little inspection mirror and broke it, getting another in the morning to look in behind the head again to see if something is visible there..

didn't get to drive the truck much earlier in the year , then when I drove it I noticed a small drip..
drip got gradually larger at higher rpm
replaced O-rings...leaked the same as before..
3 sets , bought new hold downs same old leak

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the hydraulic head itself is leaking, where the two packings prevent the fluid in the pump body from escaping upwards past the head connection. I would replace the head. ..

m816Buch

I believe the hydraulic head itself is leaking, where the two packings prevent the fluid in the pump body from escaping upwards past the head connection. I would replace the head. ..
I don't have another head other than the 2 that won't fit......wonder if I can replace the internals of the head?
time to call melody at AMBAC again

Thanks....Buch

JasonS

rustystud

I don't have another head other than the 2 that won't fit......wonder if I can replace the internals of the head?
time to call melody at AMBAC again

Thanks....Buch
I have never heard of a Hydraulic head for the PSB series injection pump not fitting any other model. According to the manuals they all fit which can make problems since some don't have the oil passages like others do. Is there something physically preventing them from mating up ? Or is the size actually different ? Also what are the numbers of these other heads you have ?

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here I am re assembling a code c, d, or E pump, and I noticed the part attached to the bottom of the Hydro Head spring just fell off. I guess this is what is commonly called the "button". So I asked GIMPYROB and he said the button retainer gets loose, and I should replace it with a new tight retainer, which I ordered...Anybody own a test machine?

Attachments

rustystud

Here I am re assembling a code c, d, or E pump, and I noticed the part attached to the bottom of the Hydro Head spring just fell off. I guess this is what is commonly called the "button". So I asked GIMPYROB and he said the button retainer gets loose, and I should replace it with a new tight retainer, which I ordered...Anybody own a test machine?
The only injection pump tester I ever saw was at work in the "component repair section" and it was big and cost thousands !
I wish I had the money to buy one for myself !