• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP problem M1009

ms1223

I posted about a problem my wife had last week. 1984 M1009. No power the truck stalled. the truck started no poblem. I changed the fuel filter great instructions from the site. The truck runs, no power, stalls after a few minutes. 24,000 documented miles on the truck. I suspect a IP problem. Any suggestion?
After reading the threads about IP's, I am planning on replacing the pump. Any suggestions on costs? Preferred MOd's?

Matt65

I don't believe I read your other thread. The IP rebuild will take time, and $. I would want to check the smaller things first. Can you confirm correct fuel pressure into the IP from your fuel pump? Have your injectors been pop-tested? Do you have any IP fuel leaks? Is compression good on all cylinders? Mine was leaking from the throttle shaft before it's rebuild.

Last edited: