• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP questions

Chaski

Picture?
Harbor freight normally has a cheap security bit set for taking apart things that someone else does not want taken apart.

albersondh

On a CUCV should be just a flat tip or (AIRC) a 1/4" socket. The cap contains the running solenoid and the cold start solenoid (54A and 569B circuits) Later 6.2 and 6.5's have the tamper proof torx, I think a T15 (been a while). If its not the OEM pump it could be a torx. All three screws are pretty long and like to snap off in the housing. Dissimilar metal oxidation bonding and all that. I ALWAYS would use the right bit, then whack it a couple times with a hammer. This will loosen up the yuk and should screw right out, if it breaks off flush good luck extracting it.... I think there is a grounding strap under one of the screws that grounds a solenoid, don't loose it, it needs to be there.

Chaski

Tamper resistant torx is included in cheap Harbor Freight bit set, part number 68459 for about $6 If you want a nice set you can get a most likely made in the USA set from McMaster-Carr for about $70, part number 5996A3

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks