• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP replacement, problems already

grayw0lf

I started pulling my IP last night. First broke I went to remove broke off, so I have a broken bolt sticking out the thermostat housing on the crossover pipe.

Then I get to the intake, making sure to remove all bolts, which were barely more than hand tight. The intake lifted off very easily, with no effort at all. I'm used to pulling an sbc intake, so I figured on a fight. But after I get it off I find that someone before me fought it & broke the intake way down the runner, near the head on the #8. It looks like they missed that bolt & tried to pry it off.

Now I'm trying to determine whether I should replace the intake, (as I know i should) or just silicon it & put it back on. It had apparently been running w/ a broken intake runner for a while now.

Good new is, pulling the injector lines wasn't as bad as I had feared.

Barrman

The intake is just a director of air flow. No water or no fuel in it. The worst that will happen is you will get some air not filtered into your engine. Not that I would do this, but duct tape would take care of your needs really.

Then again, members like Gimpyrobb have dozens of brand new intakes sitting around waiting to sell. Might be worth it to just order up a new one and go back to the IP.

grayw0lf

The intake is just a director of air flow. No water or no fuel in it. The worst that will happen is you will get some air not filtered into your engine. Not that I would do this, but duct tape would take care of your needs really.

Then again, members like Gimpyrobb have dozens of brand new intakes sitting around waiting to sell. Might be worth it to just order up a new one and go back to the IP.

That's what I was thinking. I love to do things right the first time, but the IP is already breaking my budget.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
.............Not that I would do this, but duct tape would take care of your needs really.
Amazing what can be done with duct tape, in an emergency of course. I got a lotta' that red DT leftover from my last job, 3-inch stuff... lemme' know if you need any.

Spare the Duct Tape, Spoil the job.
-Red Green

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks