• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP Swap and the issues im haveing

Strykerboy

well pics to fallow don't flip out on me now... i swaped out my IP due to the fact the old was leaking really bad... i took off the old one with the mark on the line under the timeing cover with the 4 7/16 bolts on it. as i put the new one on useing the same method, but what i am realy getting at is may there be some way its still off time like maybe 180 degrees off time ? and still run but vary crapy..? i'd love some help before i tear it all apart again..:lost:

Tom_Statt

I just finished swapping mine yesterday, got it all in time and running right. what exactly do you want to know? I think it was TM 9-2320-361-24-1 pages 617-625 that helped me out with mine. But feel free to ask me whatever you want to know.

Strykerboy

im thinking that maybe it timed exactly backwards like intake cycle v.s. exhaust cycle? or am i just stupid?aua

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are four things that have to be right when reinstalling the IP.

1 - number one cylinder on compression stroke
2 - timing mark on harmonic balancer lined up
3 - timing mark at the inspection plate lined up
4 - timing mark with the RED tooth one tooth to the right of the pointer with the cutoff lever cover removed.

All of this is covered in the Tech Manual. I also use the LDS troubleshooting guide for some greta pictures/instructions.

If you did not check all of these before removing the pump, you may want to start from scratch and set them all so you will know for sure how it is installed without "guessing". It doesn't that long to do it and does give you the peace of mind knowing it is right.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's all covered in the TM. I believe it's also in the 9-2815-210-34-2-2. Can't go wrong if it's from the pub and not the word of mouth.aua

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are four things that have to be right when reinstalling the IP.

1 - number one cylinder on compression stroke
2 - timing mark on harmonic balancer lined up
3 - timing mark at the inspection plate lined up
4 - timing mark with the RED tooth one tooth to the right of the pointer with the cutoff lever cover removed.

All of this is covered in the Tech Manual. I also use the LDS troubleshooting guide for some greta pictures/instructions.

If you did not check all of these before removing the pump, you may want to start from scratch and set them all so you will know for sure how it is installed without "guessing". It doesn't that long to do it and does give you the peace of mind knowing it is right.

That's the way it is done. Print this on the back of your eye lids.

Strykerboy

shes good now the timeing gear had moved one tooth to far clockwise after i removed the old pump time to put it back together again and find out it that did the trick

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
shes good now the timeing gear had moved one tooth to far clockwise after i removed the old pump time to put it back together again and find out it that did the trick
The first one I did it took 2-3 attempts before I could get the teeth lined up.

Good Job!!! [thumbzup]

Tom_Statt

Awesome to hear man, My injection pump swap went good too, but I just found fuel leaks. This is why I hate mondays. Oh well, I was planning on adjusting the valves anyway, and I'll do some leak fixin' too. Glad yours went excelently though!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks