• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IR headlights

byrdman1312

Greetings everyone!
My occupation requires me to sneak around in the darkness. I need a pair of IR headlights. Anyone know where I can find some?
Many thanks,
Keith

PeterD

Uh, you do know that the revenuers are now using night vision goggles, right? :jumpin:

That 'said' (and laughing too) check superbright LED's web site, they may have what you need. I know that IR illuminators are available in LED versions...

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have IR lights (not for sale) on my contact truck (not for sale either). They definately turn night into (green) daylight! Interesting driving with NVGs.

Attachments

byrdman1312

Uh, you do know that the revenuers are now using night vision goggles, right? :jumpin:
Yes I knew that, and so are the gamewardens.:wink:

That 'said' (and laughing too) check superbright LED's web site, they may have what you need. I know that IR illuminators are available in LED versions...
Thanks, I'll check for the LEDs too.

Aswayze

Do some research on the LEDs. Most of them emit a significant amount of visible light as well.

When LEDs are right, they are VERY right. When LEDs are wrong, you just paid a lot of money for red headlights...

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Get the milspec ones shown on the front of 319's contact truck. I use those but I have clear and IR lenses. When I want to use IR, I just replace the entire front fixture. 4 screws for each and I'm either IR or white light.

flyxpl

I saw a huge box of them for sale on GL not to long ago . Are the bulbs on these replaceable ? I have one on my m548 that is not working .

Aswayze

Yes, the covers come right off the front and you can get to them easily enough.

I have not looked for a replacement bulb since all mine are good but I am sure they are out there.

As far as sneaking with an MV, it can most certainly be done, we do it at East Wind all the time. :)

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw a huge box of them for sale on GL not to long ago . Are the bulbs on these replaceable ? I have one on my m548 that is not working .
Yes, can be pricey though. I'll dig up the info.
This is the least expensive I've found so far.
http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lamp4811.html

They are a standard (Par 36) diameter sealed beam so a 12V can be used.

Love that M548!

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been doing some research on this subject the last few weeks. I like them all and efficient when you look at the specs. The first 3 are kinda pricey, but made for different applications. All 3 are 12/24vdc...

The 4th one is the new LED replacement Blackout lights for all our trucks.

Mogger/Steve was over with his Monocular Night Vision and we tested the difference between the standard black out lights and the new LED.

The LED was 4 X brighter and cleaner, no haze. Sorry no pictures.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks