• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Iron Butt deuce recovery

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Very nice!

We approve :D

stumps

I think I was smiling for about a week after I drove mine home... It still makes me smile
thinking about the trip.

Welcome to the club!

-Chuck

saddamsnightmare

March 22nd, 2010.

JBINGTVX:

Congrats on making it in one piece with the truck.... The post shows "East River" Tunnel, is that on I-77-W.Va. turnpike, is is that one of the ones in Virginia.....???? It's been so long they had only finished the tunnel just above Wytheville last time I was in that area....
Boy, do I miss home (W.Va.), Texas just doesn't compare for mountains and rivers...:wink:

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:grin:

saddamsnightmare

March 22nd, 2010.

JBINGVTX:

You would really have not liked crossing East River Mountain and Big Walker Mountain before the tunnels with the deuce. East River took out about 12 miles of 25 MPH uphill and about 10MPH downhill, twisty, hairpin curves road, and Big Walker about the same... The old turnpike was two lane most places with some three lane pass in either direction sections. We used to call it the 88 miles to nowhere road, because it dumped you off on old US 52 (I think) at the foot of the two mountains mentioned above (as being tunnelled). No sane truck driver ever wanted to cross those babies in winter....
Thanks for the memories,

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:razz:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks