• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IronPlanet.com Selling Military Rolling Stock SOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artisan

So what are the fees? What is the cost for the SF-97? How do you pay? (I only saw an option for wire transfer).
Warthog what would you like to see as far as SF-97 / Titling doc procedures and fees?
(Anyone else care to chime in go for-it!)
What would please you, staying within the walls of reality of course, whereas we
understand there are real costs incurred to produce these documents?

My personal view is a title should be automatic, the Sf-97 form should be part of the check-out
process and included in the sale of all "title-able" vehicles and trailers, and if you do not want
a title, you need to opt out, instead of the way it is now. I say this mostly because the majority
of buyers are noobs and do not know an SF-97 form is necessary and the noobs usually do not
realize they needed to do this till well after the sale and it becomes hard. Ask me how I know!

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have seen on the sf-97 and supporting docs what GL gives the gov and it's not much. A 5 ton cargo cuts the gov around 70k. If I paid 4000 the gov got a few hundred.

bricksrkids

does rolling stock include trailers, forklifts, and trucks
The press release on the government site said, "Rolling stock is considered to be ground-related, self-propelled wheeled, and track-mounted vehicles (such as passenger motor vehicles, trucks and bulldozers) and trailers (such as semi-trailers, cargo trailers and special purpose trailers)."

bricksrkids

I have seen on the sf-97 and supporting docs what GL gives the gov and it's not much. A 5 ton cargo cuts the gov around 70k. If I paid 4000 the gov got a few hundred.
it looks like under the new contact with IP, they would get about $3,000 on your example. It's a win for tax payers.

bricksrkids

Personally, I think a motor vehicle or trailer that's newer than 1985 should have a very small "doc fee" should be automatically added in so the sf-97 would be issued on everything that should be titled. It should only be about $5 because I know what the forms cost to print and it's not much.

I manufacturer motorcycles in Taiwan and China so I have to issue an MSO for every scooter and motorcycle I sell. So I have to buy the special title paper, pre-printed from one source who keeps track of the numbers issued to me. A blank MSO costs me about $2, plus my wife's time to print out each MSO when we have a sale. It takes her 1 minute.

The sf-97 is most likely that simple. So why not include it with the sale for a small fee or even include it for free when the sale is over x dollars?

steelypip

Until I looked at that press release I didn't realize that IP's contract was just for the rolling stock surplus. Will GL retain the non-rolling-stock contract, or has it gone to another contractor as well? I'm more than a little curious about parts, supplies, and gensets, among other things.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warthog what would you like to see as far as SF-97 / Titling doc procedures and fees?
Just curious on what the cost is and how to get one. GL charges $60 and takes anywhere from 1 week to a couple of months. I figure that into my cost.

I like the way the GSA sends one to you automatically for free. Sometimes before the vehicle is picked up. ;-)

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Unless the price is worded into the fed statute describing the issue of sf-97 forms then the gov probably does not get paid for the forms. Whatever fee GL gets it keeps. I dont see them making enough money charging 60 bucks a form to really make any profit after paying employees and overhead to manage the form process.
Will

Artisan

I just spent some time at the IP website looking at how they work.

I am now of the opinion this change will be for the better. Yes, an ever
so small learning curve but once you see how things work I believe you
too will like it and if they have a professional pour over every truck
and write line item descriptions I will be ESTATIC! Can you imagine knowing
if a truck runs or not? What is missing? Does it go into gear?

I mean a crew trained on how to fire these beasts up
properly AFTER the oil is checked and not just a description like, "DOES NOT RUN" ?
...and described like that because it simply had no batteries? NOT!

Yea, this is going to be a way better process I do believe.

It is intuitive, just opening my eyes and taking my time lead to all kinds
of goodies and process's one can employ to look for and bid on trucks.

Registration is SIMPLE.

One concern I noticed was a gent said the items tend to open at higher
prices. Well, I welcome that, waiting around for unrealistic bidders,
bidding $78.00 for a cherry M939xx is no fun. There is no doubt in
my mind that if an auction starts too high no one will bid on it! Simple.

After poking around the only real thing I saw that I am not sure how
they will handle it is simply being able to browse Military items ONLY w/o
having to wad thru the other trucks. Perhaps if all DLA items were
in there own area, or a separate tab along the top where you can
shop for DLA goods only would be nice;

CONSTRUCTION CRANES MINING OIL&GAS AGRICULTURE TRUCKS MOTORS MILITARY MORE

If it gets piled under the drop down tab under TRUCKS it might be lost, that will be
A-OK in the future once the world knows what's up, but seems to me major advertising on HOME PAGE would be prudent.
If the word "MILITARY" is in all titles a search would find that too. The MV folks want to
shop MV's "."

I need to stop in on an upcoming auction day, registered, throw out a lowball bid on something
and see how things work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks