• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IronPlanet.com Selling Military Rolling Stock SOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorrad

Just signed up on Gov Planet. Going through the motions of getting "bidding privileges" and noticed that it requires bank info under the profile tab. Doesn't want account information but did want a contact and phone number. Think they'll actually check up on us?

Another Ahab

Just signed up on Gov Planet. Going through the motions of getting "bidding privileges" and noticed that it requires bank info under the profile tab. Doesn't want account information but did want a contact and phone number. Think they'll actually check up on us?
Brother, you got to watch that kind of stuff:

- Sometimes you are inadvertently locked into a illegitimate phishing scheme on a site that looks just like the real legitimate site.

- Usually some giveaways to the scam though if you look at the URL and all.

And you probably know all this already, but be real careful how much information about yourself (and especially about your bank account) that you are putting out there onto the World Wide Web. NSA aren't the only people out there watching you.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The home page mentions the date of the auction.

I re-read the rules... And by the strictest letter of them you can't show information that covers that. Because some po-dunk barn auction's home page may show a date that only a few people know about and want to keep quiet. So the same seems to apply to the national company someone may not have heard of. At least you get to mention their name. The rules could easily be interpreted to not allow that.

FloridaAKM

I just got my bidding privileges this morning in an email of up to $XXX$ & there was no mention of needing a bank contact or other financial info. I would be more worried about identity thieves with my info put out on the web than GP or IP checking up on me!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone look at their site today?

So much for low bids...

In the past, I think we would have been happy to retail sell our trucks for what I see their starting bids to be.

I also see many errors in their reports(condition).

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GovPlanet has just posted unspecified lots with photos and descriptions at unspecified locations this morning. The starting prices for trailers are higher than I've paid for the same trailer on GL auctions last month. Some truck starting bids are also higher than I've paid for the same trucks last spring.

Hang onto your wallets boys, it looks to be an expensive ride coming up.

rickf

Do you have to sign up to see the site or watch the auctions? Is there a link to the site that does not violate board policy so those of us who are out of the loop can go see?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I'm not talking about a specific auction or a specific date or a specific location (hope that clears the discussion hurdle), $10k starting bid for a non-running vehicle? Kiss My... Time to start looking for a 151 and forget any more surplus.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They have "Iron-Clad Assurances" on most of the lots, but for non-running items it is meaningless. Essentially, they are guaranteeing
that what you see in the photos are on the item.

You need EUC's for 30 year old Chevy pickups now?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This should weed out some of the " flippers " that don't even check the oil before they try and sell them for half what the government paid .

FloridaAKM

For me, its all going to be viewing as the starting prices put me out of the game before it starts. I guess the Green Iron collection won't be growing any bigger after Thanksgiving!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This should weed out some of the " flippers " that don't even check the oil before they try and sell them for half what the government paid .
It will also weed out an awful lot of people who could afford to buy these trucks as a hobby to do living history events, car shows, Veteran's parades, etc. I'll dump $10k into a true "classic"" vehicle such as a restored Vietnam or earlier truck because it has current historical value. While one day these trucks will as well, right now they're just used trucks.

Csm Davis

While I'm not talking about a specific auction or a specific date or a specific location (hope that clears the discussion hurdle), $10k starting bid for a non-running vehicle? Kiss My... Time to start looking for a 151 and forget any more surplus.
Don't know where you got that $10,000 but it wasn't the starting bid on anything I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks