• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is a 5 ton dump worth 1.500 bucks

itsunday25

Ok a guy offered me a 5 ton dump but no bed it runs drives and stops. Just needs windshield frame and glass i will try to get pictures up my phone will not let me just seeing if i get it and there is to much other work can i make my money back thanks.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would definitely give a dollar fifty for a five ton dump.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For a running truck, it's an OK price IMHO. With the dump bed gone, you have the ability to make it into anything you want. My 5 ton used to be a tractor. Soon it will be a flat bed. If I can ever get all the parts to make it into a tractor again (lots of them out there, just cant get them from there to here) I'll pull the flatbed and do an all up restoration. just my 2cents.

m816

If it don't have a body on it, it isn't a Dump. Best thing to do, would be put a fifth wheel on it and a trailer plug and re name it an M52. You already have the spare tire rack and tool box for it. The PTO could be used for a winch on the front, unless that is gone too.:nothingfunny:

itsunday25

The winch is there its got new soft top and seats so im going to look at it todat ill keep you posted it has no heater is that hard to put one in?

nridr124

yesss

well god for bid it did not run you could easyily make youre money back in scrap. if anyone needs hauling in the north east please pm me we have a few m920s m916s and m915s just got back from newcastle delaware picking up an m923 at the truck center .what great quality trusks and trailers they have there.and they onley have the 9seris for some reson.but we have quite a few trucks to pick up that are at storage facilitys and could easily help out with moving trucks to help cover our cost and in return give one **** of a deal on delevery.

KsM715

The winch setup w/pto and linkage is worth a grand by itself.

Buy it. Then you can sit and ponder whether to fix it up or part it.

itsunday25

Ok went and looked at truck it starts right up every light works need both front glass . Doors and cab clean but he dos not have titel but he has power of attorney and i got sum papers from government saying to obtain title i dont want to go through the government any ides guys how to get one thanks

moose97

Ok went and looked at truck it starts right up every light works need both front glass . Doors and cab clean but he dos not have titel but he has power of attorney and i got sum papers from government saying to obtain title i dont want to go through the government any ides guys how to get one thanks
Slow down, use punctuation and spell check (it's hard to understand exactly what you mean). You want a title without going through the government? Good luck with that... I suppose that you could print off your own "title," but then "the government" sure won't appreciate your taking it upon yourself, let alone allow it to stand up when the law comes to take your truck away because the rightful owner says they want it back.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
No title means it is either stolen or was owned by someone too lazy or cheap to do the paperwork correctly. If it came from GL they will not give the title to anyone other than the original buyer.

Without a title (in many states) it is an offroad truck, a yard ornament or parts/scrap.

Some states will register a truck with a Bill of Sale but not issue a title to vehicles over a certain age.