• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is a Deuce a redneck truck?

jim-m35a2

Thanks all. My designer clothes wearing 22 year old son that calls my Deuce a, "Redneck Truck" is calling me all the time wanting to go for a ride in the Deuce. All the women. young and old, love the truck..................Redneck Power. Got to love it.
________
Vaporizer Wholesale

Last edited:

Katch1

I believe if you are that far north redneck is called a flannel back ernie, around here I get both. Either way I don't care, jelousy will get them nowhere

saddamsnightmare

:-DFebruary 1st, 2009.

Dear Sasquach Santa:

Yes, you're pretty much on the mark. In my family one half was Scots who went to Northern Ireland for Queen Elizabeth and King James, but when it was uncongenial there, we ended up in the Colonies back in the 1690's.... and caused the Proprietors of Pennsylvania no end of trouble with the Indians. Some went south to N.C. and stayed loyal to the King, some fled to Nova Scotia and picked fights with the Acadians..... The North Carolinians fought for the South in the Civil War, the Pennsylvanians AND Canadians fought for the Union.....
Dad's half of the family came over from North West Ireland during the Great Famine and were the Coal Miners and Railroaders, Steel Mill workers et al....They fought for the Union, though not in the coutry more then 13 years, and they then caused problems for the mine owners whenever possible by unionizing..... In my family, the "Color Problem" is between the Orange and the Green.... The Bloody Irish have a very long memory.....:razz:

Here in Texas, "Redneck" trucks would be the souped up 4X4's that the shine runners tended to use back home in West Virginia....They seem to dislike the deuce and the Unimog, because no matter how much they lift the civillian trucks, mine are still higher and often larger....Size is everything in Texas!!!:twisted:
I have watched your accounts of fighting your deuce's ill's in the cold north with great interest, but may God grant I don't have to go back up North for the winter's, though I am looking for NPS work from Hawaii to Skagway (ouch!), so you can see why my M35A2 never got a cab heater, being in the 3RD A.Cav for part of it's life in Kuwait,Saudi,and some part of Iraq (1990-1991). I am gonna have to fit her with a hot water heater shortly, as it does get cold snaps here now and then....:cry:
Keep up the good work, though I don't know if the M14/M16 rack will hold a Claymore comfortably.... The Unimog cab can barely hold a 1842 Harpers Ferry Rifled Musket (.69 cal rifle) and NCO's sword. The deuce does a little better, but not much, when handling these long items... the only way the Rifle-Musket would fit is with the cab roof off, then the rack would work....
Stay as deiced as possible.... there's alway Florida (or Cuba, if the Big Man deciedes to open it up....wonder what OD iron they've got laying around?).
Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:twisted:

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some folks think all LARGE trucks are owned by "Rednecks", around here, but I've not heard it personally. They don't say anything much to my face, I think they're afraid of a part-time cop with all these big green trucks, listens to bagpipe music and has three rottweilers for security with a sign on the fence, "We don't call 911" an a picture of a rottie. They see me come and go with various weapons and KNOW I've gotta be some sort of nuts. But do THEY believe our BIG trucks are "Redneck" trucks, YES, but that shows VERY POOR JUDGEMENT on their part. Mine do more community service work than all of them put together. So HURAY for "REDNECK TRUCKS"

WPNS421

Never been called redneck but have been called other things like crazy, and a few names in french that don't translate. But as stated before they are jealous, you can see it in their eyes. That look also says boy are they lucky, my wife would never let me have an MV.
My wife made the remark "your MV hobby is getting expensive"!!! I answered "How much does a Harley Davidson bike cost? She then asked me when her M143 ambulance was goig to be ready, she used to be an army medic. Next time your kids call you a redneck, agree with them and tell them that the redneck is going to spend their inheritance on more MVs.:-D

GoHot229

I'm down here in North Carolina, down, up......your perspective... but living here, and being out in rural country, I have plenty of opportunity for get togethers with the locals. We, they actually....drink light beer and an occasional brown or clear liquor or just soda and talk about putting up preserves, Bo's new pickup, the road widening there doing up town, that friend they knew in highschool that was just killed in a roll-over or something country related. I come from Southern California for the better part of my 57 year old life, and find it "real" out here, if your a straight shooter and honest, you'll fit right in. They like to make fun of "Yankee's" of course, but always in jest, and like their hair cut real short. Marine style short, but not all of them. They like camo pants, and sometimes shirts, and guns of course. But then they hunt with them, and eat what they hunt......not squirrels.....more like ferral Boars, 4-6" razor sharp ...ga-narley frigin tusks. That takes some intestinal fortitude to be sure. and also Deer ot turkeys. Fishing's big down here, go the coast in the Atlantic and catch 150 lbs. of croaker or whatever, throw-up a bit and fish some more. Come'a runnin when some neighbor needs help, and add patriotic to their list of things to be. It's not too racial, that is, the N word is used, but its not used to degrade, more just a discriptive adjective, nothing more. If they dont like you, thats not the term they use, its much worse. The races just get along.....thats just what it is about, nothing novel. So to be and live REDNECK, well you call what you want, but it's a dang comfortable and safe feeling way to live. You dont see us sweating some "big Apocalypse Zombie fall of government and society" naaaa just a "what you planting next season" or something like that, or so & so's got so & so for sale over at Mt. Crogan flea market or some such thing. For Me.........I like to say, when I meet people and they ask, "hows it go'in" ... I just say I'm just slum'in it, wearing my MISMATCHED Camo pants, shirt and shoes, just white trash.........................REDNECK truck??? My Deuce ??? ......................shure' nuff

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another origin of the term "redneck" comes from farming. A term used to identify farmers. They got red necks from working in the fields all day.

Wild Horse Hans

I have a shirt that says "You say Redneck like it was a bad thing" Never been called a redneck for having the Deuce, but it's hard to tell as I have been called redneck all of my life. I take it as a compliment.

Garandfan

Yeah been called a few things because of this truck. If the person pisses me off enough, I might just have to figure out a name to the group they belong too. One girl asked me, why do men like big trucks? I asked her, why do big (very round) girls like really small cars? She said, we just do. I replied the same.

Snarky

I'm a south texas 20-something who happens to like computers, mechancal engineering, videogames, art, fine foods, electronics and military vehicles. If that makes me a redneck, well then, I'm a redneck with the sweetest post-apocalyptic ready vehicle on the block. The only thing cooler would be if i could get a hold of an LAV-25 in the upheaval. :)

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was told that one time while at a party. And I was drunk enough to prove them all wrong. :-D

I love OD Iron, especially mine. I don't really care what people call me or it.

waxhawbob

I live in NC and echo everything GoHot229 said. I'm new to the forum but a long time Redneck! My whole dang family says so. By extention my Duce and my H1 are Rednecks too and we love it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks