• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is a dual radiator cooling fan really that helpful ??

Sverige

I need to replace my M1009 radiator cooling fan, which was jerry-rigged by the previous owner. I noticed LMC sells a dual cooling fan and was wondering if it's really that helpful. Any insight would be appreciated.

rsh4364

I would throw a coolant temp. gauge on it,upgrade if you have to.Generally with stock setup they run pretty cool.What don't you like about current setup? You can always rewire.

Sverige

To be clear, I'm not upgrading. I need to replace the existing jerry-rigged contraption, which includes a manual switch in the cab to turn it on and off. I'll either put an original back in or this cool dual fan electric model LMC is selling.

All comments are welcome.

hovenga67

The best way to do it is get a shroud and clutch fan. I tried a dual fan setup and it didn't run any cooler. Also I had problems with the relays burning up because of the current load. I switched back to a clutch fan and like it better.

hovenga67

Also some of the stuff lmc sells is cheaply built. I don't know about this particular item but just letting you know from my experience buying stuff.

Csm Davis

Not sure about the LMC version but I have been wanting to convert mine to electric for a couple reasons one free up a few hp and two to allow me to turn it off if I am in deep water and yes I go there once or twice a year. I have seen a twin fan with a shroud that looked good not sure who made it but that would be a big thing for me as I use this truck almost daily.

southdave

I have derail twin fan controller in my 1009 4bt set up ... it is nice , each fan can have it own set point depending on the coolant needs. Mine fan 1 kicks on 180 fan two 200 .
Also feature if fan has two speeds.. cummins run alot cooler than v8...

V8Astro

Clutch fan will outflow any electric fan that would fit. For a CUCV that's the best way to go IMHO. Electric fans are used on new trucks solely for emissions / efficiency reasons. I've used them in the past on hot rods where throttle response was important. Doesn't really matter on the old 6.2

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks