• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is it just me?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can’t find any TM’s for my M1123. I stumbled across part 2 on one occasion and this is after many attempts. TM 9-2320-280-24P-1 I searched this and I got nothing. It seems like they are scattered all over and there is even a sticky that gets a 404 error! Seems like they could be here and in some kind of order. I found Lots of TM’s and have downloaded many only to find out it’s not the one I need. What am I doing wrong? I hear did you read the TM? Hell No I didn’t because I can’t find it! Maybe if they were more accessible people would be encouraged to read them because they are very good and I have never seen so much compiled information on a vehicle ever. Does no good if dummies like me can’t find it!

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it's the standard HMMWV manual. The M1123 is an A2 series truck.
In the parts manual it's UOC NNN for parts.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it's the standard HMMWV manual. The M1123 is an A2 series truck.
In the parts manual it's UOC NNN for parts.

Awesome! Where is it at? This forum or with the trailer and Duce TM’s? Thank you

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there is a dedicated section for the tech manuals.
if you scroll up to the top of the page you should see a header bar like this (using Chrome)
download.jpg

then the HMMWV will be in the "present conflict vehicles" sub forum.
The HMMWV manuals are on the 3rd page at the moment, with some other HMMWV related manuals scattered through the first two pages.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there is a dedicated section for the tech manuals.
if you scroll up to the top of the page you should see a header bar like this (using Chrome)
View attachment 844785

then the HMMWV will be in the "present conflict vehicles" sub forum.
The HMMWV manuals are on the 3rd page at the moment, with some other HMMWV related manuals scattered through the first two pages.
Wow! I never knew. I wish I would have asked a month ago. I really appreciate it. I think I can solve 90% of my problems. That’s what I didn’t understand is the randomness of it.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yeah, it can take a little while to understand how some websites are set up. Once you figure it out though, life gets a lot easier.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yeah, it can take a little while to understand how some websites are set up. Once you figure it out though, life gets a lot easier.
I’m going thru it now and I’m finding exactly what I need. Amazing amount of information. I have a squeaky pulley that is fine at idle and then it works like a tachometer and it’s driving me nuts. I will get stethoscope in the morning and try to isolate it. I also have a diesel leak in/under the intake not enough to drip but I can smell it. Lol the diagram is useful so I can see where rubber lines are. My truck was sitting for 20 years and that can cause a few issues.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Wow! I never knew. I wish I would have asked a month ago. I really appreciate it. I think I can solve 90% of my problems. That’s what I didn’t understand is the randomness of it.
Boy... That's an understatement. 🤔

Steel Soldiers is only for the other 10% with a smile :), CAMO

Action

If you have to replace fuel lines, do not use regular”fuel” hose. It isnt rated for diesel. Most of the hose i find has “emission” printed on it. I have found that napa an orielly stock the diesel hose.
As for TMs, if you know the name, just search the web for “pdf tm 9-2320-280-24p-1” or another tm name. Each TM has a “how to use this manual” section at the front.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Being new to the Hmmwv club, even though I had the addiction for years. The biggest thing that I learned on my own from making bad decisions and a few members here point me in the right direction is where to get parts from and what to look out for. Action has been a big help and I’m great full. So much information here. I cashed in my son’s college fund and I have 13 Hmmwv wanting for EUC so I hope the gurus don’t run out of patience with me. Hahaha he is more suited for a trade anyways. Too many damn lawyers!
If you have to replace fuel lines, do not use regular”fuel” hose. It isnt rated for diesel. Most of the hose i find has “emission” printed on it. I have found that napa an orielly stock the diesel hose.
As for TMs, if you know the name, just search the web for “pdf tm 9-2320-280-24p-1” or another tm name. Each TM has a “how to use this manual” section at the front.
That’s why I was wanting the TM’s so much because I try to order the part number. I’m trying to put my DWF stuff back together and I needed it for the hoses. I don’t know where to buy the right hose by the foot and rather than mess up I’m willing to pay a little more for the right stuff. You are a good Man and I appreciate your help and you always are here to help others.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think that’s a compliment? Lol
One other piece of magic in these TM's that you might want to know:
Use a real computer - where the "Control F" (Ctrl key + the F key) will easily open FIND.
Don't expect much, but in a thousand page book it will find things faster than flipping pages!

What you will really learn as you use these TM's will be the nomenclature so you can talk easily to others. Or when you go search on the Web to buy a part, having the "military name" for something might make it easier to find.

A really good example is on the M-1088.
There is a pair of rubber bushings under the front of the cab.
I called them "bushings". The Army calls them "Front Cab Support"

Just try searching for just any of those three words by themselves (in orange) and you will pull out ever hair on your head! And the yellow words pulls up a lot of things, but nothing that the cab of the truck sits on.

Hopefully I didn't ramble too much about it all, but the books will eventually be really useful.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One other piece of magic in these TM's that you might want to know:
Use a real computer - where the "Control F" (Ctrl key + the F key) will easily open FIND.
Don't expect much, but in a thousand page book it will find things faster than flipping pages!

What you will really learn as you use these TM's will be the nomenclature so you can talk easily to others. Or when you go search on the Web to buy a part, having the "military name" for something might make it easier to find.

A really good example is on the M-1088.
There is a pair of rubber bushings under the front of the cab.
I called them "bushings". The Army calls them "Front Cab Support"

Just try searching for just any of those three words by themselves (in orange) and you will pull out ever hair on your head! And the yellow words pulls up a lot of things, but nothing that the cab of the truck sits on.

Hopefully I didn't ramble too much about it all, but the books will eventually be really useful.
That’s where I’m at a disadvantage. My computer is down and probably done. I’m looking for a laptop just for my Humvee. I’m forced to do everything on my phone for now. I see people talking about searching the word and I just don’t have that yet. Seems like since I got Humvee everything else has failed. I will get a laptop and replace my printer that I just bought 124.00 worth of ink only to print 3 page’s and next time I go to use it printer head not recognized.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That’s where I’m at a disadvantage. My computer is down and probably done. I’m looking for a laptop just for my Humvee. I’m forced to do everything on my phone for now. I see people talking about searching the word and I just don’t have that yet. Seems like since I got Humvee everything else has failed. I will get a laptop and replace my printer that I just bought 124.00 worth of ink only to print 3 page’s and next time I go to use it printer head not recognized.
Sad but true. They sell $50 InkJet printers that come with half-full cartridges. First time you need new ink it really would cost you less money to throw out the printer and get a new one. They are always running printer specials for even less.

Well, don't despair on the search. It works on these stupid little phones, but what can be done in parts of a second CAN be done the longer way with multiple clicks on these infernal phones. ;-) Most browsers have a"find" feature if you use that way to access a PDF. You can also download the free Acrobat Reader software on your phone. Then with the reader installed and a couple of TM's also loaded on the phone you can still access the books without a cell signal.

There is definitely a "Find" function in the Acrobat Reader software. Again, after several clicks (and I always fat finger something) you can search that way. If you get to the point that you want a little help making it happen - drop me a PM and we can talk through some of this together. It can be a pain, but with a little help it doesn't have to cost anything except a little time.

Action

Being new to the Hmmwv club, even though I had the addiction for years. The biggest thing that I learned on my own from making bad decisions and a few members here point me in the right direction is where to get parts from and what to look out for. Action has been a big help and I’m great full. So much information here. I cashed in my son’s college fund and I have 13 Hmmwv wanting for EUC so I hope the gurus don’t run out of patience with me. Hahaha he is more suited for a trade anyways. Too many damn lawyers!

That’s why I was wanting the TM’s so much because I try to order the part number. I’m trying to put my DWF stuff back together and I needed it for the hoses. I don’t know where to buy the right hose by the foot and rather than mess up I’m willing to pay a little more for the right stuff. You are a good Man and I appreciate your help and you always are here to help others.
The hard vent line tubing is air brake line. The size is printed on the outside of the line, in OD outside diameter. Napa stocks it in several sizes and colors. They push on the brass barbs easier with a little heat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks