• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is it legal to acquire slave cables and surplus tires?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm just a dumb old grunt (Infantry Soldier)....not alot of education....High School and an Associates....but still a good ole boy with good intent with good folks.

If that fellers post had been to help an SS member....fellers would be falling over backwards to say what a true troop he is....no matter what it sounded like.....****....i think since he helped out a real soldier he is even a better troop:deadhorse:fat lady sings blast me if ya wanna.

zout

Totally agree with PB on both posts.

Hopefully this thread does not loose its perspective on the assistance provided and the original post.

I will admit with some posts - the wording of the title of a thread presents a little humor to them and I think we all have a light hearted sence of humor without being insulting or degrading. I for one did not post to insult or degrade my fellow SS member - hopefully it was not taken that way.

Hopefully the fine line between humor and going too far is thought about before typiing - I guess for one I will if no humor can be presented with a way something is worded.

I am not insulting the way it was worded/typed or knocking this member.

Besides - I am even less smart and less educated than PB and he said it just fine.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
As is the case about 99% of the time, Papabear has expressed my thoughts perfectly.

Although there are posts out there that are poorly worded or perhaps lacking in grammar or spelling, I would strongly prefer that folks learn to be a bit more tolerant.

I am fortunate (and my friends unfortunate! LOL) that I have the gift of gab and I can vocalize or put to paper my thoughts in a reasonably easy to understand fashion. Not everyone is so.

If someone posts something that is difficult to read, as opposed to slamming them, how about just asking them reword their post? It would be as easy as "Hey dude, I am not sure I follow. Can you rephrase that?"

Thanks for your time. I am now going to read the dictionary.

Boreal21

I know how it ends!:)
I'm waiting for the movie.

Back on topic... I appreciate the thread. When I sold my M1008 ~4 years ago, I gave up my slave cables at the same time thinking they'd be no use to me. Ever since I got back into the MV scene with my M1031 I've been wondering how I can get a hold of a slave again. Thanks all for the input and resources :beer:

AtomicHillbilly

I'm not gonna do the "quote" thingy and I'm not \
I post things on here and come back the next day and read the post and think...."Holy Farkel Batman!!! what was I thinking when I wrote that??"
That happens to me too. Also happens with text messages. I haven't figured out if it has to do with the diesel fumes or Scotch afterwards.

:confused:

;) Sorry, I couldn't let that one pass...

Kudos, cjtroutt! One time a buddy of mine and I were out 'wheelin with my old CJ near Ft. Bragg when we met some SF guys out "training" with HMMWVs and ATVs. They didn't have a map of the park (Uwharries in NC) so we gave them ours. Tried to talk them into giving us a rides (we were probably 19 or so at the time) but they said they couldn't.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Little late on joining the party here but I'll chime in on both the OP question and CJ's, now deleted, post.

Shop, shop, shop for a slave cable. They show up in the most unlikely places. When you need one, they are indispensable.

CJ, I applaud you on helping one of our brothers in arms. I'd do it along with just about every sane (and some insane) member of this site.

As far as grammar, I had no problem reading your post. I agree with what Papabear said and some folks may consider being a little more tolerant. Now with that said, I have to point out what part of the grammar thing bothers me and I guess this is kind of addressed to everyone. There is still a literacy problem in this country. Some adults are just learning or have recently learned how to read. Learning this at a later age is more difficult and I elect just to thank them for their efforts, not publicly stone them. The one thing that bothers me is the poster (in general) that makes no effort to use capital letters and punctuation. If one can not even put the slightest effort into it, I just move along to the next post. I don't think it's a secret that the first word in a sentence should be capitalized.
ifyoucantbebotheredwithcapitalsandpunctuationwhyevenbotherwithspacesbetweenthewords

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
cjtroutt,

By the way, it was great that you helped a couple of soldiers in need!

Dale
I do thank you Dale I felt it was my job to do so and do it any time.
Like we use to say while in Iraq Drive like You stoled it.
And the only way know it you had to be there.
I dint have any H S D just an GED & school hard Knox.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks