• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is it possible

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
how much better would it be if we were able to hook up the trailer brakes

What are you going to hook them up to on the M880? There's no air lines for brakes. Even if you could get the brakes working, it's still a bad idea.

jts521

Bravo, for what it would cost to have the mk17 hauled home with the dump truck or even shipped via tractor trailer would be far far cheaper and less problematic than trying to pull it home with the 880 and not being able to stop or properly control it and injuring or killing yourselves or some innocent person(s)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't believe nobody (other than yours truely) is focusing on the fact that he wants to hang around #3000 of tongue weight on a bumper mounted pintle hanging off the back of the truck. I know it has other attachment points and I'm not questioning that. That much weight that far behind the rear axle is going to come close to lifting the steer tires right off the ground. Towing the MK17 with the M880 is wrong in so many many ways!

armytruck63

how much better would it be if we were able to hook up the trailer brakes
Look man, the experienced people here have been giving you good reasons not to try this (no braking, no steering, you'll probably kill someone). If you do this, we will probably see you on the nightly news. This would be just what our hobby doesn't need - some ignoramous causing an accident and drawing unwanted attention to our hobby, as in, "Those Army trucks are not safe in private hands."

Ever hear of the Darwin Awards? Look them up and find out about them. If you try this, you could be a contender.

Feel we're coming down hard on you? You're **** right we are! aua

Like I said in my first post, give us fair warning when you plan to do this and the route you're planning to take. We want to make sure our friends and loved ones are nowhere near you.

goodbrewing

If you do this pull and injure or kill someone this thread will serve well to show you were told it was extremely unsafe by some very knowledgeable people and chose to ignore it.

You were smart enough to ask the right people so please be smart enough to take their advice.

bravo34

i thought it was a bad idea since he said it but i wanted to ask you guys since i'm new to this.i don't think he will try this but if he does i now have plenty of reasons to convince him not to

AMGeneral

Ok,I wil second Kenny's statements,Really BAD idea,but I doubt the 880 would even move it to start with,as soon as the trailer tounge weight hits the truck hitch the trucks front end will shoot skyward and the rear hitch will hit the ground.

I agree with everyone else,either take the dump truck or have it hauled,much safer in the long run.

just my2cents