• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is it the injector pump?

uriss

Just got my M35 delivered two days ago. Been going thru the usual maiint. Added water, checked the oil which was two GALLONS overfilled and put in fresh batteries. Been reading the tech's till I got a migraine. The engine spins over but will not start. I checked all three fuel filters and they are flowing clean with the fresh fuel I put in. I opened all the injector lines and nothing comes out. Would this be an indicator that the injector pump is bad? I am basically a gas mechanic on older cars with a fundemental knowledge of diesel. So I am just learning this stuff. If the pump is shot is there any place to either get a new one or this one rebuilt? I am near Baton Rouge or New Orleans.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just read the other thread. Yes he did get it fixed. It was a stuck Fuel Shutoff Lever.

Trapper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Folks,

Another newbie to the Duece. Looking for help also and I am new the Steel Soldiers site. Navigating the site is awkward for me. What is the/ an "IP"? Where do I find info on where to check the "stuck fuel shut off valve" and how to determine if that is my problem with no fuel coming out of the injection lines? I have good fuel all the way to the inj. pump. It was running fine then noticed the rpms were slow to come back down after accelerating. Now will crank but not start because of no fuel to the injectors. Thanks, Alan

welldigger

"Ip" stands for injector pump. To check and see if the fuel control rod is sticking you should start by tracing where your shut off cable ends at the injector pump. There will be a squarish cover with 2 screws holding it on directly to the left of where the cable hooks to the plunger. Remove those 2 screws and cover. The fuel control rod will be staring right at you. It should be completely vertical. You should be able to push it to the rear of the truck and it fall back into position on its own. If it hangs at all then it will shut the fuel off.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I would pull that cover and make sure the lever underneath moves freely before taking it out(like the 2nd pic). If not, that is your issue.

mhassett

If you were 2 gal over filled with lube oil, check the hydraulic head to make sure that you are not leaking fuel into the crank case.
If you are, by pass the fuel around the hydraulic head.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sometimes you can just wiggle it back and forth to free it up. Other times you will have to remove it and clean it. If you push it back toward the firewall and it snaps back to the forward position, you should be fine.

Trapper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to all for the great info and pics. Found the fuel shut off rod/valve and it WAS stuck in the off position. Just worked it back and for a few times along with some WD40 until it freed up and would return to open on its own. It is working fine now! Mission accomplished!! Also, just painted my Deuce this weekend. Hope to have/post some pics soon...and as soon as I can figure out to put them on the site. It looks like a different truck now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks