• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is Mechanicsburg A Driveout Base?

Coal Cracker

Ok, I've been reading on some threads about bases not letting you drive your vehicle out. If that's the case I'm in a bit of a bind, I made nice with a local trucking company to pick my truck up for me, oops bad omen, my hopefully soon to be truck if GL ever figures out that I sent my paperwork in, they can only pick it up for me after 5:00 pm way after closing time.

My plan was to drive it out to a close lot, wait there till flatbed arrives and loadup, anybody think I'll have a problem with that at Mechanicsburg, they seem like decent people, but has anybody driven off from here?
I will have insurance, I live close, but the trucking was cheap enough for me that I'd rather not risk it, I get enough excitement and gut wrenching suprises at work.

I'll go one step further and ask the question for the recent Annville winners, how is Annville on this driveoff subject?

Crazyguypa

Mech is very esy to deal with. Mike, who runs things in the yard, is real great to deal with. Pick up has to be done by 2pm tue-thurs, so you will be sitting in the parking lot right outside the base for a few hours.

Coal Cracker

Thanks very much, that's a load off my mind. I could probably drive the truck home, but I don't know it, who worked on it , what maintenence it had , no plates I'm leary about drivin it home. I know for shure I'd be the one who got stopped on my way home for no plates.

I've driven vehicles onroad before with no tags, but I have more to loose and don't need the aggrivation, also just the thought of loosing brakes and taking a family out:|

I'll drive her out to that shopping center lot just outside the gate, and wait let the wife go shopping as my pennance:p and while I wait for SF-97 i'll go over it with a fine tooth comb.

Mike seemed like a decent guy, but how is Mechanicsburg on theftage? Anybody have anything missing? will my truck look like a stripped turkey when I get there:roll:

Last edited:

Angus1

I drove out of letterkenny, strait to the house with no prob from the base or the truck. if you need a hand let me know i do what i can.

acmunro

Coal Cracker, I have not had any theft at Mechanicsburg. The second time I was in there I was picking up some 105 trailers and had to leave some behind until I could return the next week. I left a large pry bar and a large hammer by accident on the front of a 105 in plain view didn't even miss them until I saw them there the next week. Seems pretty secure.

Coal Cracker

Coal Cracker, I have not had any theft at Mechanicsburg. The second time I was in there I was picking up some 105 trailers and had to leave some behind until I could return the next week. I left a large pry bar and a large hammer by accident on the front of a 105 in plain view didn't even miss them until I saw them there the next week. Seems pretty secure.

Thanks acm that's a load off my mind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks