• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is my new relay mounted backwards?

a68cudas

Hello I forgot to take pics of old one before removing it. Can anyone let me know if i mounted the new one incorrectly? or correctly? I have attached pic of how i installed . want to make sure its not backwards or upside down before starting. Thanks

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can only see one of the two small terminals in your picture. So, I cannot confirm your connections are correct.

Physical position of the relay does not matter.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While we can't see for sure where the small pink wire is mounted due to the flash, it does look like it is wired correctly.

large terminal - large red wire
small terminal - small pink wire
small terminal - small light blue wire
large terminal - two large orange wires, one small orange wire

And for clarification for other members, his truck has had the 12v glow plug resistor bank bypass done.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?121398-GP-Resistor-Bank-Bypass

Last edited:

a68cudas

Herea another pic dont know if any better because of sun being out. anyways big red wire on top big bolt, big orange and small orange wire on big bottom bolt, light blue wire on small bolt on bottom and i have the red or pink wire on small bolt top? relay2.jpg Is the relay mounted properly its not backwards is it ? Are the small terminals on relay suppose to be facing engine or facing away from it? Thanks

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How the relay is mounted does not make a difference. You have it wired correctly.

ke5eua

How the relay is mounted does not make a difference. You have it wired correctly.
As long as it's not upside down mounting it sideways doesn't matter.

Mounting it upside down may cause premature we are in the top spring allowing it to contact when not supposed to.

And this is a solenoid, not a relay. Solenoid activates differently than a standard relay.