• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is my sprag toast

tucker79

Ok Iv searched threads for weeks nothing quite like my problem
Dropped front drive shaft
I have flushed with diesel few times pretty clean compared to others Iv done with great success
Iv pulled and cleaned up air shift cylinder was some junk in there as I believe my air tanks got some junk in there but not leaking
Iv checked poppet valves and they were very clean n not leaking
So the problem is when I jack up a front wheel when in 1st the wheel will NOT spin either direction. In neutral the wheel spins the entire tranny Sprag locked in. This only happens when its aired up, with no air the wheel spins freely in both directions
I still feel that it may have something to do with the air shift system because it disengages with no air but when I had the air shift cylinder out I was still having the same problem when I manually shifted it forward to reverse.
Any Help or suggestions would be awesome and no I did not let it roll back in forward sorry to bring up the hated Sprag subject but I dont see this particular issue in past threads If there is any info you can direct me to a thousand thanks
IMG_20150101_133530.jpg

Attachments

tucker79

I use cheap HF colored zip ties when I have a bunch of hoses but only 1 on shift cylinder.
I feel like a spring is not doing its job somewhere. It always wants to engage. When testing I can turn the Tcase front drive shaft flange a little few clicks and it drops rite in in neutral and forward gears
1 Is there a shift fork on the end of the rod inside for the sprags ???
2 I found that the air cylinder had o rings as seals is this normal???
3 If the air was bypassing the o rings would that cause it to lock in shouldn't it still free spin until slippage occurs????
4 Is the line on the front of the shift cylinder the one for the forward sprag????
5 Is it even worth cracking into one of these to try and repair or just swap a take out???
Just refilled with gear oil n got the band fix on front axle boot and took little cruise still not rite.
Im going gonna have to go thru that air system again but it seems like its internal and the forward sprag is stuck and not releasing the overrunning clutches