• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is "start a conversation" same as "Private message?"

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I put a pay it forward ad 02272020, ACKCARUS replied He wants it, so I sent a "start a conversation."
I think I sent him a message 04022020, No reply ever that I can find.
I made notes in that "pay it forward" listing.
CHIEFSONN replied 04242020 so I sent Him a "start a conversation" and again never heard back.
It is just some windshield wiper parts, I just can't throw away.

So question is where do I look for these "conversations" as I need help. I fiqure I completely lost in the new website.
In the past I had no problem finding things in "private messages" but am now really lost.
Please advise. fm

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The header that has the SS logo, on the rt side in the box with your name in it. Hit the envelope and the conversations will pop up. There is a tab on the bottom of that drop down that says "show all". If you don't see it, don't know where it is. I think, if you go to your ad and they replied to it, you can type @ and their screen name and they will get some type of notification. I am still trying to learn the quirks of the new format, HTH.

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you still get notified if the persons mailbox is full? Not sure if it still does it with the new website format.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
maybe it was better when "private Message" was up top in the regular working bar
up-top. There was a way to send an e-mail too.
My problem is that I can NOT seem to contact those that say they wanted free stuff. They state they want it in the Pay it Forward ad but then I never hear back again.
Is the ability to contact with an email ( if receipient allows) still exist?
Perhaps I just don't know how to work the new site upgrades and need help.
It's OK, I have needed help for over 7 decades now.........

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
ThankYou gringeltaube.
This thing is set up quasi for the telephones which I don't understand.
I thought an Application was an Application but it is now and APP.
I the guy that got slammed mercisely for naming a computer as an puter.
I still lost in what a Commador 64 could do.......................

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks