• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is the M820A2 Multi-Fuel?

Jax

Hello all, I have been looking all over the web trying to find this answer. This model is my ideal vehicle for my situation, however i need a multi-fuel engine. If any owners or those with information on this could help me out that would be great. Thanks in advance.
Jax

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, its a 250 Cummins diesel engine. M809 and M939 trucks are diesel. If you want a multi fuel look for a M54A2 series (5ton) or a M35A2 (2 1/2 ton).

Csm Davis

Short answer is no, 250 cummins diesel. But most diesels will run on almost anything if mixed with oil. But why do you need a true multi fuel in the USA? Forget about telling us if it is a SHTF situation in which you are going to find diesel or a oil product easier than gasoline. I love the little multi fuels but have never seen a Need for one even on a battlefield which is one reason the military moved on to straight diesel.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The motor in the 820 will run up to 50% used oils and still be reliable according to 3 guys I know that run them. They have run them that way for years.

SimplexCoda

Hi everyone. I know this is an old topic and somewhat of a hijack, but I was wondering if anyone had inside dimension information for the M291, or if you could point me to said info. Specifically, I am interested in finding the dimensions for each section of the box. Meaning: the expanding portions are each A x B and the center portion is C x D.

How is this related at all, one may ask. Well, I was also interested in the M820 as an RV conversion, but I really would like the multi-fuel engine, mostly for esoteric and obscure reasons, and I was wondering if I went along with the plans I had to purchase something of this sort and convert, I am interested in seeing what sort of square footage I would have to work with. I have been debating between the M292, M291, and M820. But my final choice comes down to a combination of size, ability to get into certain locations, price, availability, and extra points for having a multi-fuel engine for "cool" factor.

Thanks in advance and if this is the wrong location, then please feel free to relocate. Thank you.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Post #4 indicates the box is the same for the 291 and 820. I'm sure you can find the info you need in the 820 manual.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks