• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is there a consensus of which insulation for cab ceilings is best bang for the buck?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll echo the Chrysler Pacifica seats.

I got mine NOS out of a local conversion-to-handicapped van. $50 for the pair on FB market and a 5 minute drive. Bonus if you find them heated.

Pro Tip:
The trick to seats in these trucks is to keep the seat bases as close to or below the level of the "hump". Any higher and you need to be about 6' tall to reach the pedals (same for passengers reaching the floor).

View attachment 876609
I see you got all the blood off of em !

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll echo the Chrysler Pacifica seats.

I got mine NOS out of a local conversion-to-handicapped van. $50 for the pair on FB market and a 5 minute drive. Bonus if you find them heated.

Pro Tip:
The trick to seats in these trucks is to keep the seat bases as close to or below the level of the "hump". Any higher and you need to be about 6' tall to reach the pedals (same for passengers reaching the floor).

View attachment 876609
Can you keep the storage boxes behind the seats if you put in these seats?

Third From Texas

I'm not sure that the lower boxes behind the seats still work. The length of the seat does seem longer. I guess it would depend on whether you slide the seat back all the way what angle you reline the seat.

The overhead boxes on the A1R trucks (with the headrest) won't work with these seats, though. The seat's headrest/upper section collide with the box.

Ned81

I used Pacifica seats and kept the box on the pass side. It can’t recline but plenty of legroom. The driver side has a 12” subwoofer where the box was.
I used dynomat under hood material on the doghouse. It worked so well I plan to use it inside the cab too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks