• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is there a warehouse full of M1009 spare rims?

linx310

It seem like 1/2 of the M1009s now being surplussed out are missing the spare tire.

Do people just remove them for cargo space or are they used to replace flats and then instead of putting the rim with the flat in the back they just toss it?

Makes you wonder what really happened to all those spare rims.

Whitey

Most of the spares are gone by the time the trucks get to the GL lot and a majority of the remaining disappear while people wait for EUC's. Mine was padlocked, so I was lucky. I haven't found a large source for spares in that size and bolt pattern as of yet. They are at the swap meets, just remember that the 1008 wheels are a different size.

notsosanestan

mine came with the spare but now i swapped to m1008 axles and 16.5 wheels so i no longer need the m1009 wheels also had the jack but no tire iron

ssdvc

I'll be looking for a spare wheel and tire (31's) . Anyone coming to Aberdeen with one for sale, let me know.