• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is there a way to hook this tach up?

overkill375

a truck i parted had what looked like a magnetic input that was bandtied to the alternator. I dont know how it worked or what brand it was but it did work.

jdeoliveira74

sunpro makes a tach that has the magnetic pic up on alternator.. mine was way off crusing at 60 would say i was running 3100 rpm. I am running 33'S on my m1009

truck1

I installed a TINY TACH on my 1028 .It works great,is backlit with digital display,and seems very accurate. Super easy install also.Great invention.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea I looked at the Tiny Tach, but I want to maintain the military look. Just trying to figure out how to hook up the tach in my photo or, as an alternative, wondering if there is an electronic military tach available.

All comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

taquito971

I searched for HMMWV tach on ebay and came up with an electronic tach driven off the oil pump. Looks like it goes where the vacuum pump would have been. The ad said it was for a 6.5 but it might fit anyway.

truck1

Some mechanical Tach's have magnets that attach to your harmonic balancer,then a sending unit picks up the signal on crank rotation.That might work for the unit you are interested in.I contemplated that route,but they are pricey,at least double the digital Tiny Tach's price tag.I prefer the digital display with real numbers.Just my opinion.Good luck.

ElevenBravo

Mine is a civilian diesel, so excuse the ignorance... does the CUCV have a 3 wire Delco 10SI alternator? If so, I am working on a project to use the pulse signal from one to build a digital tach.

If interested, PM me and Ill start a thread based on this message.

Cheers,
Andrew

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks