• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is there any room M915 Tractors

JH1

I have the M915 with Cummins 400, cat 7155 semi-auto tranny, and an air ride seat. I pull a detachable goose neck 35 ton trailer with a FV433 Abbot on it, for a total weight around 70,000#. I like the low gears in the cat. I've seen 66 mph and there was room left on the tach. I prefer to run at 55. Nice thing about the M915 and M915A1 vs. the M916 is the turning radius(well, diameter). 53' curb to curb vs. 80' on the 916. Also, the 5th wheel plate is considerably lower (closer to commercial heights) than the articulating plate on the 916, which accommodates off-road adventures. First picture is with a different trailer. Second is with current RGN.

Attachments

Michael Lee Goldsboro, NC I just bought a 1984 M915A1 that a pipe line co. had and it has the 400 big cam and the 5 speed allison. 433 gears. It tops out at 65 mph. I plan to up grade it with A/C and Air ride seats. Its got 60,000 miles on it. I runs really well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks