• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is there many AZ folks here?

kwest

Good Morning Gentlemen: My name is Ken and I am from Camp Verde Ariz. and I have been blessed with an MEP 004A 15KW generator and an M35A3 Deuce and a half. I got the deuce in Sept of this year and still fixing small things, the Genset is back to original. would love to attend a gathering and meet all of you. I cannot send Pics because my phone won't send them (can't afford the service.) But I would love to drive it to a rally.
Looking foward to CNU Ken

kwest

jf350az if you will go to Chino Valley Az. ( just north of Prescott ) there is a place called Motor Pool just as you come into town. after the first round about keep looking to the left and you will see it. the big trucks are on the pricey side but Sam has gone through them from the frame up and out. They have the choice of all the trucks before Gov Liquidators get to them and they will fill a request for just what you want like a M35A3 or a M109A3 or A4 they also have some trucks on site like M1093A3 expansible that was used as a mash hospitable (folds out to a 17 foot by 20 foot bos van) if you want more info let me know and I'll get back with you. I live in Camp Verde Az. and it is just over the hill.

G

Woodsplinter

Hey everybody- on January 25-26 there will be a huge military vehicle show in Phoenix at Metrocenter mall!
For details go to www.armytrucks.org. This is a great opportunity to meet fellow MV owners. Bring your vehicle to display and you might win an award!

There will be vendors selling all kinds of militaria and if you have stuff you want to sell, they still have booth space available.

I went last year and it was a great show despite being rained out on Saturday. They had a British Chieftain main battle tank which was quite a sight up close- don't know if it will be back this year.

Mark

If you like big trucks, I know there is going to be a HET there :)

Last edited:

m37jarhead

The military show referred to above by Woodsplinter (Mark) has been hosted for the last 23 years by the Arizona Military Vehicle Collectors Club (AMVCC). There is no charge to display your military vehicle. You can place your vehicle for display anytime after noon on Fri. 1/24/14 or early Sat.
morning. The entire property is fenced for security. Two motels on the property are available for your convenience. Limited camping on site in your
military vehicle is permitted. See me for details on that. Also check the club web site: www.armytrucks.org

An "after hours fire-side chat" is planned for Fri. and Sat. night on the show grounds, weather permitting, for club members, vendors, vehicle owners and anyone interested in our military vehicle hobby. The fire pit will be up and running if Phoenix does not declare a "no burn day." Bring your lawn chair and join the casual exchange of military vehicle stories. You do not need to be a club member to participate in all the activities.
THE SHOW GOES ON, RAIN OR SHINE.
Jerry Bubolz
Pres., AMVCC
480-497-9722

teletech

I'm considering a relocation myself and have a couple questions.

How friendly is AZ to fully-tracked vehicles on the roads? I know some states will give you plates, some one-day permits, and others nothing at all. I've got rubber track-pad inserts so it's pretty much non-marring.

How friendly are they when you go to register and insure a deuce or 5-ton?

thanks,

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm considering a relocation myself and have a couple questions.

How friendly is AZ to fully-tracked vehicles on the roads? I know some states will give you plates, some one-day permits, and others nothing at all. I've got rubber track-pad inserts so it's pretty much non-marring.

How friendly are they when you go to register and insure a deuce or 5-ton?

thanks,
5ton trucks are no problem. Cheap and easy.

I've never seen anything tracked on the road...

AZK9

Wow... I just realized that a post that I thought I had made to this thread, about a month ago, did not ‘stick’. :shock:
Ah well... not sure what happened, or what I might have done wrong, but I’m reposting again this morning.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm based in Prescott, but find myself at various locations across the country at any given time during the year.

I've had the big MV show, in Phoenix, marked on my calendar for about the last five years, but just have not been
able to make it down there yet.

I recently acquired a 'new-to-me'... M35A2 on the east coast. It's in pretty nice shape overall, but it has some issues
to overcome! As soon as it's fixed up and completes the long cross-country journey west, it'll be out-and-around...
roaming the roads of the Central Highlands and beyond!

kwest

Azk9

Hey AZK9 I live in Camp Verde Az and own a M109A3 and I love it. You will have to give me a shout and we can get out and have a run in the back roads of N. Arizona. The cell here is 928 254 1250, it wii be easy to call on the phone ,but you can shoot me an e-mail at kwes786@hotmail.com. The name is Ken.

DESERTRATINAZ

ATTENTION!

INFO REQUIST FROM WAY BACK FOR JD350AZ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

TUCSON,AZ JACK"S GOV"T SURPLUS Military Vehicles & equip. 6x6 and 4x4 trucks jeeps and trailers

fork lifts-cranes blades-loaders winches-generators-compressors-welders-tires-beds-axles-transmissions-diesel or gas engines-drive shafts-wheels
PH. (520)- 574-0300
5181 E. Drexel rd.
Tucson, AZ 85706-2097

I have not been by for a couple of months but am sure as of 3-2016 Jack is still hard at it! I do know He has around 350-400 deuce & halfs well over 100 5 tons some choppers (helicopters) ambulance's, jeeps, ect,;,;,;
Ithink its around 17 acres of goodies! Very personable guy. His son does some **** nice restoration work.

Stop by and see them, you will not regret it! Mon - sat 8 am to 5 pm Im thinkin.

americankiwi

Hi Guys....keeping a old thread alive here.....My name is John....I'm in Whetstone AZ....(Just north of Sierra Vista, 85635)...I have a M725 Ambulance.....I found and bought it from just behind the Casa Grande AZ area....photo was taken at the local AZ MVD trying to get her titled....such fun....NOT

Attachments

1943ht

Hello all ..adding to the thread as I recently relocated my unit (CINC-WIFE and two pups) to Prescott, AZ! Move included lots of green painted stuff and we are excited to make this our retirement post after 32+ years of Army Service. Looking forward to getting to know the AZ MV Community.

//Vr//
Mark

AZK9

... we are excited to make this our retirement post ...
Hi Mark! Prescott is a great place! It's my home base, but currently I'm out of town (as is too often the case recently).

As soon as I've got the opportunity to connect... I'll give you a call. My place is about a dozen miles from yours... up in
the mountains towards Groom Creek.

My 1970 M35A2 is currently in New Jersey, but I seriously hope to be able to drive it to AZ in the near future.

Happy to see your post... and... welcome to Prescott!! [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks