• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this a good buy?

michaelcola192

this guy is asking 9,500 for this CUCV looks legit but I want some other opinions. It is in CA close to where i live so i can go pick it up.. It IS a little bit on the pricy side IMO. Let me know what you guys think. here is the CL ad:

Last edited by a moderator:

cliffyp

Looks like the ad link has been deleted, it's against the rules. Too bad, I wanted to see how nice this CUCV is. Must have gold stitching at that price! I thought they were pricey at 5k, I can't imagine 9+, but I paid 1,500 for my 1028 2 years ago. There are better deals out there.

You could buy a k30, rip out the A/C, tear the seat some, drill a few holes in the floor, splotch some green paint on it, and you've got a CUCV.

Gripy

I found it. It looks clean, but 9.5K$ seems like quite a lot unless its had a complete rebuild and has zero problems of any kind.

Stock hummer beadlocks will need either spacers up front or the centers cut out and replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:

howardc

I'm reasonably new to the CUCV scene (bought mine in 2012) but that seems pretty high. I bought mine for 1,500 and spent another 1,500 to get it looking good. I'd keep looking, there are better deals out there, even if you have to put money in it after you buy it.

Edit: and yes I googled the listing.

remote6

I think that is really high, bought mine in 2012 for 1800$ Ive seen some duce and a half's on cl by me for around 9500 or less! Keep looking probably find a better deal even if you have to drive a lil bit to get one.

MtnSnow

I saw the ad...Not even close to being worth that price tag. Seller is looking to rook some unknowing person that is wanting a FMV

lostintexas

Like everyone has said that is too much IMO. Check the for sale area here if you are looking and get a CUCV you know the history of and some even have a build thread posted here. There have been a few nice ones posted in FS, go look.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Personally, I haven't seen the truck in question since the link is removed. But I'd say this. I'd happily part with my CUCV for a lot less than that. (With a lift, 24bolt HMMWV wheels and tires, turbo, exc.) Not saying mine is for sale. But if someone were to walk up with say 75% of that $9500 price tag, they'd be driving away in mine!

dyocis

I bought my M1009 in San Diego in Sep of 2012 for 900 bucks. It had some issues, but with about 3 grand it running and that including a paint job.

richingalveston

I would not sell mine for that, I have 6k alone in new drive train. (4l80e, ord magnum, new drive shafts, D60 with e-locker, 14 bolt with gov lock. All parts rebuilt, just this is 6K+ in parts) not seeing the add and not knowing what has been done to the truck, I can't say what it is worth.

A stock 1009 in mint condition (everything like new or refurbished) would bring 6k max on the best day to a hungry buyer. Upgrades will add value only if the person buying is planning on doing these upgrades themselves.

markg

I bought an 86 1009 several yrs ago from a drug task force in texas with 3600 miles on it. it was as near new as ive seen down to the floor mat, the 10.00-15 rubber, and the new car smell. i paid 5500 for it . it had all documentation from red river arsenal . i think i sold it on ebay.

Last edited:
I looked for the truck on CL too... Found it. I agree, wayyy too much. But I found 2-3 M1009's and an M1010 in the San Diego area for more normal prices ($3-6000). Unless you're set on a 1008, I would check the 1009's out.