• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is this a good deal getting frustrated

mattyboy

Went to buy a duece today and was very bummed out when we got there after1 hour drive . Stuggled to start was told was a whistler WAS NOT was told was turnkey . No brakes lights, turnsognals. Only one gauge working . Asking price3k with M105 for Bob parts. Walked away mad as helll . Found another truck about an hour u away. Already singled out and looking much better asking price4200 . I offered my 3 cash and was laughed at I can realistically go up to 3700 is it worth it. Attached is a CL LINK. Any imput or moral support in my quest appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1st off I would use the spell check feature before the Dog gets a chance to chastise you for your post. I would go no more than $3,500 for the CL truck..Give the guy your number in todays economy I am sure you will get a call to come pick it up and drive it home.:driver:
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

steelandcanvas

You didn't read the rules, did you?

• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about you vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.

Last edited:

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would that be the wheeler dealer off RT 98 in Elba would it by chance ? If you are looking for a MV you should PM me . I can hook you up with the local MVPA group , save you a LOT of stress , bobk:grd:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to buy a duece today and was very bummed out when we got there after1 hour drive . Stuggled to start was told was a whistler WAS NOT was told was turnkey . No brakes lights, turnsognals. Only one gauge working . Asking price3k with M105 for Bob parts. Walked away mad as helll . Found another truck about an hour u away. Already singled out and looking much better asking price4200 . I offered my 3 cash and was laughed at I can realistically go up to 3700 is it worth it. Attached is a CL LINK. Any imput or moral support in my quest appreciated

The truck does not have a title. The owner needs to take his paperwork and get it done.
For me no title means "parts truck".

SteveKuhn

A 'good deal' has less to do with price than it does with cost -- say 6 - 12 months out.

There's a boatload of threads for prospective buyers on SS. They are positively chocked full of posts from newcomers and experienced people. It would be a good exercise to read through them. Almost every one says, "Make sure it has a title." You'll get a good handle on what makes a 'good deal' all on your own.

Here's one thread as an example:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/90811-so-you-want-mil-truck-here-what-they-cost.html

Don't know where you are in NY, but around here if I had $3700 tops for budget, I'd expect to be spending quite a bit on repairs and refurbishing if I got my money's worth.

For $6K around here, I'd expect to get a respectable truck that might need work once I started to drive it around.

As wiser people here have said: "Ask me how I know that."

Steve

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck does not have a title. The owner needs to take his paperwork and get it done.
For me no title means "parts truck".

Plus IMO $4200.00 seems a little high for that truck, I think members on here can help you out with a truck purchase.

3twelve

To find a "good" truck in ny for less than $4500-$5000 is hard. I looked for 2+ years and nothing. I looked for along time befor I found mine and though that what I paid was a good price. It is hard to find a 10 y/o truck that is not rusted here so a 40 y/o truck that is not rusted to crap is impossible.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks