• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this a investment ?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only if it is REALLY CHEAP they are still in service and slowly being surplussed , as more get released prices will come down .

FloridaAKM

It's more of a divestment of your money from your wallet to Gov Planet. It is like a boat that always needs something else new or repairs on the original boat. When you go to sell it, you will never (except in a rare case) get you money & time back out of it! IT's a hobby that most, if not all of us enjoy! You can tell your wife that it is an investment if you include that it might be like the stock market & can go either way. You don't want your wife holding this one over your head if it goes south for some reason or another!

1951M1078

I'm in the stock market and it sucks ! Was doing great then 2008 ! I have one that is just a little higher than 2008 now.

Its more a better place to park some money ?

Maybe its just a replacment for my F250 4x4.

Just hope it will stay even with what I will pay for it. Not looking to make money on it.

dmetalmiki

I'm in the stock market and it sucks ! Was doing great then 2008 ! I have one that is just a little higher than 2008 now.

Its more a better place to park some money ?

Maybe its just a replacement for my F250 4x4.

Just hope it will stay even with what I will pay for it. Not looking to make money on it.
As you pointed out, Anything is a better investment than the S.M. And your acquisition would probably be a lot less stress and worry. Also point out the enjoyment meeting the whole range of folks at the events.

ArizonaGasMonkey

Far from being an investment and prices are all over. Look at the private sector you can sometimes find them cheaper than the govplanet ones and you can test drive them to see if they are junk or not FYI

Johno176

This is the way I justified my buy: for the price you really get a lot of truck, the engineering is solid(except for a few gremlins). And at that price level it should not go down value. Most equipment if keep up reasonably well at some point no longer goes down in value. You can tell your wife that owning the truck will use up your spare time, thus not allowing you to get into any trouble.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Logic for your wife (works on mine!): These trucks triple in value the instant you buy them!! If you don't believe that, watch GP sales prices compared to the offers for sale here and elsewhere LOL

Bob

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck market is volatile in general.

I don't think lmtv prices have reached bottom yet. I still think the day is coming when you'll be able to get one at auction and drive it home at $3k.....

Lmtv772

Banned
The truck market is volatile in general.

I don't think lmtv prices have reached bottom yet. I still think the day is coming when you'll be able to get one at auction and drive it home at $3k.....
To be honest with you, I don't see that day for a long time.

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And 15 months ago I saw a very very rough parts 939series truck sell for $8k... and a few months ago I drove one wi th a 2006 production date motor (not rebuild) home for $1600+fees... and the truck was immaculate....

teletech

Nope, not with any honesty you can't. They are a lot of truck for the money but it's a volatile market and A LOT of things can go expensively wrong.
If you were trying to get something that was more likely to hold or increase in value and had to buy a vehicle to do it I'd suggest either WWII vehicles or armor, Ferrets are still a pretty darn good deal out there for instance.
If you don't need something with wheels, ask yourself how much 9mm can you buy for the same money, that stuff is getting CHEAP and isn't going to stay that way.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like Eleanor Rigby, his wife keeps them in a jar by the door.

If we are being honest.

(My wife keeps mine in the fire safe.)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The best way I could sell the 'investment' to my wife was by doing a romantic dinner on the truck bed
View attachment 620862
View attachment 620864
which progressed into a really nice view as sun set
View attachment 620863

Another good reason was being able to evacuate pretty fast, with many important things, if there is an emergency.... which have happened a few times in Florida
View attachment 620865
That was a GREAT way to bring the wife on board, star gazing after the romantic dinner does not hurt either, there is NO point in getting something and then hearing the wife bitzh about it all the time, that takes the fun out of owning the get.

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jewelry!! -you get the truck , the wife gets jewelry. Ask your wife, is jewelry an investment?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks