• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is this a m-37?

jay741

i think its a m-37 from pics ive seen on here the first one ive seen in person. its sitting on the side of a road in front a house i could pry get the adress if any one is interested dont look like it moved in a while thanks

Attachments

FrankUSMC

Jay
Yes it is. And a fully loaded one at that!
That is a M37B1, you can see where it had the door mount spare tire at one time. Also, it has the heater kit on it, that is also a little on the rare side. It looks to also be a winch model. I "think" I can see a slave kit on it also.
Very complete truck, very nice find.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

TedG

This one has a winch, hot water heater and the mounting bracket for the spare tire on driver's door. M37B1. Looks fairly complete on this side! lol

greenjeepster

Definitely a hard top.

But it isn't a M37. That is a Toyota Tacoma so non of you guys have any interest in it. I could use a good toyota so just send me the contact info when you get it :D

m376x6

No, definitely not an M37B1, probably an M42B1. But mistaking an M37 for an M42 would be easy enough.

I'm just yanking your chains, the M42 series was an M37 only with a few changes such as windowed cargo cover and table and a few other items.

Regards,
M376X6

greenjeepster

i still say soft but hey iv been wrong before......once lol (wish that where true lol)
One way I know it is a hard top is that it is obviously sitting awhile judging by the rear weal being sunk in. In the location it is at the top would cave under snow load if it was a softtop. It does have some of the tarp from the boat blown out over it which you may be seeing and thinking is a softtop.

Who wants to take bets on what the top is? Maybe Jay will post what it is at some point. I tried blowing the picture up, but it isn't clear enough after wards.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
..... I tried blowing the picture up, but it isn't clear enough after wards.
A little tip & trick for everyone.

If you right click on the thumbnail and choose "Open Link in New Window" you will get a bigger and better picture. You can then save it and resize it.

I have had better luck this way than just clicking and saving the thumbnails.

Of course YMMV

Let's see....it's only 1650 miles from OK to RI..........Move on, nothing to see here......

Warthog out

Last edited:

jay741

lol on thr roof guessing. from what i can tell there pieces of a canves roof and there is a ripped tarp. but both look old and im sure the weather in inside here are 2 more pics i took today an yes there is a winch

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks