• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this a M101, or a M101A1?

svanhorn

I recently won a trailer on GL, and the data plate lists it as a 1962 case master M101a1, but according to the research I have done, it should be a M101, because it has the parking brake levers parallel to the box.

50709313_gl_large_thumb.jpg

I have painted it flat black, and had to replace the bearings on the left side.
I also mounted a farm jack to the left side, added a jack, and flipped the lunnette bracket in the front, so that it sits a little bit lower in the back.
Next is smaller tires.

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

Saving pictures is easy - just right click, and you should see the option to save the image. It downloads to your hard drive, so pick a convenient place to put it.

What size bolts are holding your Hi-Lift? Nice setup. I may do something like that, but with wingnuts. Need to figure out a locking arrangement, too.

Last edited:

svanhorn

I can do that for the thumbnails, but it doesn't work on the zoomed in images. I tried on IE, Firefox, and Chrome. I am going to see if unplug will work for it.

The bolts are 1/2"x2" I plan on using wingnuts, but that's all I can get locally.
Next, is longer chains on the tailgate, so that when I hang it by the chains, it will lie flat, and a spare tire mount in front of the box, that sits far enough forward to still be able to use the parking brakes.

Last edited:

svanhorn

I figured it out. Unplug only works for video. There is a Firefox plugin called Image Download II, that allows me to download every image available on a page. Here are the before pics:

50709308.jpg50709313.jpg50709483.jpg50709484.jpg50709485.jpg50709490.jpg50709491.jpg50709497.jpg

KsM715

Did it have a data plate on the front frame/tongue rail? I'm betting that it was a standard 101 that had the bed replaced at some point with a 101a1 bed. The data plate on the frame would have said something like M116 a1, a2, or a3. The trailer/chassis is really a M116. When a bed is added to it, it becomes a 101

svanhorn

The only data plate was on the bed, and I temporarily removed it so that I could wire brush the loose paint around it. I will eventually get this sand blasted, and spray it with enamel. this was just a rattle can job to cover up the very bad latex paint job that was done on it at some point. When I wire brushed it clean to weld on the bolts for the jack, I noticed that it had 6 layers of paint.

Scarecrow1

I think it is a 101 . I had a 101 and it looks to me like the one I had. I would like to see a side shot of the lugs on the wheels. The fact that it has the ndt,s and same basic frame design and the year of the trailer leads me to this conclusion .......

svanhorn

The frame is M101, and the body is M101A1. The data plate lists it as a 62, but the vin info came back as a 68, and the contract number is from 67, so I have one heck of a conglomeration here.

I already lengthened the tailgate chains. I just cut them off with a grinder, and welded new chains on.

The next thing I will do, is I am picking up fiberglass racks next Wednesday, and if they are the correct ones, they will just go on. If they aren't correct, I will hack them up, and rebuild my wood ones with the fiberglass. The GL listing didn't say what they fit, but the ones at the bottom look like M101, or M105.

53037960.jpg53037973.jpg53037977.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks