• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this a whistler Turbo?

Turbo Detroit

I have recently purchased a Schwitzer model 3LD-305 Turbo with the whistler (3LJ-319) Exhaust housing...I am wondering will this turbo whistle like the actual whistler or 3LJ-319? Anyhelp would be apreciated thanks.

Turbo Detroit

It is the old style turbo with the tag on the compressor housing..i been looking on here for info but nobody seems to knw yet...Some say its off a lds...But it came off a LDT...im rebuilding it but wasnt sure if it will whistler like the "C" Turbo

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just because it came off an LDT doesn't mean it isn't an LDS turbo that the service (or a civvy owner) swapped because they had it laying around.

Go to the other thread and post a few pics of yours.

brianp454

Good info and good pics, thanks! That compressor housing is seems quite a bit bigger than the C turbo. Sorry not to be of much help, I think you're going to have to bolt it up to know if it whistles or not. I'm not much of a turbo expert to say the least, but think there's ratios (between passage sizes, etc.) and design guidelines that affect the sound or lack thereof. If you talk to someone at a local turbo shop they might be able to answer your questions.

I think of the quick way to ID the C is to look for a band holding one side together, the D halves bolt up on both sides. There are other posts on this site with lots of info on the turbos that were used on M35's.

Turbo Detroit

Yeah this turbo does bolt up with a vband calmp...and it does whistle just not as loud as a whistler.....im actully buying two whistlers locally and im gona twin turbo my 6.2 with them....thanksfor all the input tho but i figured it out thanks to all!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please do not post duplicate postings. See rules.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks