• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this an A2 or A3? Advice is good

93C-fuhl

The data plate is not readable. GL listed this as an A3. I need to figure out if I can do the axle conversion myself. I am towing it with my lifted FJ Cruiser but of course it's still dego'd quite badly. When i was in the military I had to pack bearings once a year but that is about it as far a my experience goes with wheels and drums and the like.

So any ideas if this is something i can tackle myself or do i let the people that know what they are doing handle it?

Thoughts? Help?

Newbie of course here. Thanks in advance.

Fuhl

Attachments

Nonotagain

Not a A3 for sure. Might be an M105 or M105A1 with only the 1 air line. Whats the data plate say?
Big bike wheel on landing gear unless changed out says it's old, probably A1.

As far as changing the axle out to civy, no problem.

Just order a 5K axle with electric brakes and your life will be easy.

RKBA

You might think of removing at least half of the leafs while you are doing the axle swap. Those M105 spring packs are enormous.

I am jealous of your view, BTW. I can't wait to get back West in a couple of years.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
:ditto: it's either a slick or an A1, the one air line plus if you look under it no air tank.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably -A1. It has the newer style covers over the wheel bearings so we know it's not an XM105E3.

Wolf.Dose

M105 or M105A1!
The single air line is the yellow one and acts on a diaphragm air cylinder which actualtes a master cylinder. This hydraulic master calinder actuates the wheel cylinders and so the brakes. The system is simple, reliable and hopefully not overbraking (Most of the cases if your Deuce or 6-ton is in propper order with tegard to the brakes.
A M105 simply is to massive to be towed behind something smaller than a Deuce.
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks