• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this an M880?

Buckeye2000

I came across what might be an M880 with a service/utility bed. The seller claims that it has 31k original miles, was used on a military base, and has the "military ID plate" on the dash. I might go see it but don't know much about the M880 - did any of them come with a service bed originally?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, that is a ham-on-rye sandwich. Add mayo and you're all set.

Post some pics and you'll get a better answer! :mrgreen:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like it's in nice shape. Sure would look nice in your collection Bob.

Last edited:

jimm1009

It does seem fair that he has first dibs but then it is open season. :grin:

There are just a few of the M880 TMs on the resources section and here is the only page of "differences" pictures for these truck per the TM.

Enjoy, jimm1009

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

OK, the body is telefon or some other maintainance, officially telefon maintainance. How is the upper frame rail between the cab and the box? It is a typical weak point. They rust away. If so, you bought a peace of scrap.
If not, you have a relatively reare peace of a M888.[thumbzup] We scraped them 25 years ago in larger numbers, allmost nobody wanted them.:(
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks