• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this bolt missing?

uriss

Got under my M35a2 yesterday to remove the rear oil pan bolt when I discovered what appears to be a missing bolt. It is located just behind the oil pan on the transmission member that also serves as a motor mount. There are two holes one has a large set screw and right next to it is what appears to be another threaded hole for the same size bolt. Is there suppose to be a set screw there? I have searched the TM's but nothing is quite that detailed. I hope I can load the pictures I took of it as I am not very good with this computer stuff. Thanks for any help.SUNP0005.JPGWhile I am at it which TM shows how to access the fill hole for the manual transmission so I can check the fluid. thanks again! Appreciate the comeback. Thanks guys for the help.

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Nope. The cap you see will go over the exposed hole for fording purposes. During normal driving, this is the correct configuration. The cap you see is nothing more than how you store it until you need it

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, not missing. Like others have said, is the drain. The plug is for water fording and is to the left in your pic. ENJOY the trk!

God bless,
Tony

emr

Can't believe there are no ... Oh no ! all the heavy air leaked out ! You need to fill it up and get that plug back in :) ( sorry thats a good one ) or... "why did you not search the 75 bazzillion threads on such things... :) Gee :) All kidding aside, sort of :"the search function has almost every question you can ask already asked here, What it does best is give you an education and then be able to fine tune more difficult answers . Good luck we all started in the same place, but we never had a site like this back in the day :)

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
OK, we need to start charging when a person asks this question. It has become the CUCV key question of the deuce world.

KsM715

Or we could all just ignore the next person that asks and force them to either ask and ask and ask and when they get no answer they might finally try to search out the answer the old fashioned way, thru research.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks