• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this CUCV book really worth this?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had one of them for 20 years. Mine has the page edges yellowed and the lots of the holes are worn out. I still got it though. Its pretty handy to have vs a TM, has all GM part numbers.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There has been a drought of them lately, so prices are through the roof. The last one I saw went for about the same. Mine includes 1987 and I paid about $50 for it several years back. There was a glut a while back when one came up every 1-2 weeks and they got down to around $40 or so. It is a good resource for the GM part #'s, as Kenny pointed out. Even though many have changed, the dealer can give you the current numbers for those.

JDToumanian

Well, if I paid $150+ for a manual, I'd recoup that cost, and probably more, by making some high quality spiral bound reprints. If there's that much demand you'd be helping fellow hobbyists while you help yourself. 8)

Sam27

I have them electronically, and I asked Kinkos how much it would cost to make some spiral bound prints. I don't remember how much, but it was enough to make me change my mind, probably ~$100 for the service manual alone.

84cucv

Sam27, could you make me some copys? Will pay for them. Seams like a good book to have just not for that price. plmk thanks

Sam27

84cucv said:
Sam27, could you make me some copys? Will pay for them. Seams like a good book to have just not for that price. plmk thanks
I never ended up getting paper due to the cost. If you have the electronic manuals, a copy shop should be able to do it for you from the PDF's. If you don't have the electronic manuals, I understand they are available on this site.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's very simple.. Download the latest version TM's from here or LOGSA, burn it to CD, bring it to Kinkos or your local copy place... Have the current TM's for a few bucks.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks