• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this DOT 3 or DOT 5?

zeisshensoldt

Picture below, a bit of brake fluid from the master cylinder mixed with some water in a jar. The fluid seems to have separated itself from the water. Dot 3 or Dot 5?

Attachments

zeisshensoldt

I accidently bent the sides on the brass fitting applying too much force, so now the vent line wont thread into it. Anyone know where a new one can be purchased?

Attachments

kennys@wi.rr.com

If you still have a common vent for the master cyliner, air pack and fuel tank then now is the time to change them to single use vents. I have seen this common vent cause nothing but problems for people and their brake system. I was fortunate enough to have the military single them out for me with the same vents used on axles. If you need a vent like that oringsandmore.com is the best place I found to get them. So in a way you did yourself a favor. Just my pennys rubbing together.

zeisshensoldt

Where can I buy a new master cylinder filler cap? I've already looked at TNJ, Eriks and Easternsurplus.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You posted a picture of your cap. Why do you need a new one?

Truckoholic

I've got a one gallon bottle of Dot 5 that I bought, and it is funny, because the bottle was a translucent white color, but the purple color has stained the bottle from where the top of the fluid was down. But the fluid inside, is yellow now, so it is kind of a surprise to pour it out expecting purple, and to get yellow instead.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So drill it out and re-tap it(with the correct drill and tap size). The brass fitting should be available locally at any NAPA or whatever you have nearby.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
update?

We can all use this thread in the future, if you update it with how you fixed the problem.

zeisshensoldt

I used vise grips on the 1/8 vent fitting. I clamped them as much as I could, then used the pioneer rack to hold the grips while I turned the mc cap with a wrench.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks