• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this is a Multi-Fuel 6.2 H1 motor?

Mohawk Dave

Hey guys,

I just picked up another M1009 Blazer, and it came with a spare motor. The seller is an Army LT. and stated that the spare motor is a 6.2 from a 91 H1 that is multi-fuel.

Can you confirm this from these photos? The motor is at our shop right, but a sticker on the valve cover has "H191225....." or "H19125....." This is from memory.

He stated he believes it can pass 35 microns through it. Is this also correct? And to install in the Blazer, what mods need to be done? Inline filter meant for the H1? etc?

Any info would help. Also, the last two photos shoe the front cover, which at a glance I thought was cracked, but those are flashings from the casting, correct?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Attachments

Mohawk Dave

Porkysplace,

I am familiar with the above photo. Allow me to revise the question, is/was there multi-fuel 6.2s and if so what year and vehicles did they come in. Were any HMMWVs multi-fuel. I found one MF 6.2 on google images, but it was small and blurry.

Thanks again,

Dave

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
the multifuel motors came in the deuces. Can you run 50/50 wmo diesel in a 6.2, yup, but its not a multifuel. You'll still need to filter it more than 35 microns too.

Mohawk Dave

Thanks Gimpyrobb,

I have researched running WMO in my 6.2s, so I guess that is what I will do. Is there any differences between the HMMWV 6.2 and the M1009 6.2. I will look at the TM right now also.

Thanks again,

Dave

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess you can "call" it multifuel. Will run on diesel, kero, JetA and such. It would probably digest 35 micron stuff but not for too long.

The differences are minimal and bolt on. Exhaust as you can see. Oilpan has a different configuration. All pulleys need to be changed and the IP is 24V so both solenoids would need changing. Easiest to replace the top cover of the IP. Sounds like the seller is trying to blow smoke up your bung.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That motor is the same as the M1009 6.2, except intake, oil pan, exhaust manifolds, pullies, fuel pump, water crossover, inj. pump, rpm sensor, dip stick, glo plugs, sensors in heads { RH, LH sides }.
So....basic long block is the same.