• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this m35a3 worth $2200

Titanium-Wolverine

Ok, here is the story:

My buddy bought this truck from GL about a year back. It has new trans, new engine, he said it was a cess truck, or a Cep or something like that.

Said that it was completely gone though.

well about 6-9 months ago a tree limb fell on it, the insurance company paid him and then he bought the truck back. He bought a new one, in like new condition that he is keeping, and was going to keep this one for parts but has no room. Told me I could have it for 2200,,,,,I think I will take 2000 and a mossburg 500 I have.

The problems,,,

the windoes and the cab upper frame is busted up all to heck!

the aluminum housing for the intercoller (I think that is what it is called) (see pic)

The tires have a bit of dryrot (dont know if that is alot for these kind of tires or not) (see pic)

the frames is moist for something leaking, (see pic)

the hood is damaged up a bit

Keep in mind I grew up in a fab shop and my dad has a complete shop (he builds street rods / drag cars from the ground up, full frame off resorations,). You get the picture on the tools ank skills I have at my disposal.

So some of these things that may cost you money I can fix at no cost, so, can you give me your opinion on ME buying the truck,,,not as if YOU were buying the truck.

My buddy said the truck still starts right up and drives, but runs rough because of the intercooler problem.

I know I will need to fix a pinhole in the radiator that happend from the treebranch (I can do), fix the hood (I can do), straighten grill area (I can do), straighten up the cab frame (I can do that)

I KNOW i will have to buy a new intercooler, glass (and any other stuff you may see that I do not know of)

Attachments

AceHigh

The winch alone is worth probably over $1,000, engine is worth a few thousand.

Yeah, the truck is worth it whether you rebuild or not!

ETA: What kind of title does it have?

RealCavDog

Axles, wheels, springs, CTIS parts, 3116 Cat motor and Allison tranny, air assist steering . . . Make a great spare parts truck for the guy that owns an A3 and the room for it, or just put a Suburban body on it ! LOL ! :D

Nonotagain

Well worth $2200.

Since your father has a fab shop, there isn't anything that is shown that can't be fixed.

As for the rough running, I doubt that the inter-cooler has anything to do with that.

The tires were crap before the dry rot you're showing. The Michelin's have problems if they sit flat for any period of time.

Go for it.

R Racing

I think its worth fixing up ! the windows on the a2 and a3 are the same and available. tires are also replaceable. Id jump all over that !!

Titanium-Wolverine

I have been doing searches on parts for the a3, but most sites dont have the ability to show you exactly what you are buying, just a description.

Any of you know of sites that have the parts I need that post pictures of the ACTUAL parts for sale,,if I can find the COMPLETE upper cab stuff I need in NC, SC and WV thenI would rather spend the time on repairing it.

jleasure

Seems like a bargain to me, but make sure you can get some kind of a title, even a branded/salvage title, if you plan to drive it. Otherwise, it is a parts truck or off road only.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clifton is a member here so you really don't need to line e-bay's pockets. Replace the soft top, passenger door and windshield frame on the cab, and that part is good to go. That leaves you the hood, tires and the radiator/intercooler to patch and you'll be rolling! AMGeneral does not live very far from you and could probably help you find parts. Jim Henry in Albemarle could probably locate most of what you need too!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks